3-4 Defensive Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Looking at the supposed candidates for the DC job and Whisenhunt's past, I think it's clear we're changing to the 3-4 in 2014, or at the very least transitioning to a hybrid then a true 34.

I've spent most of my time looking at 4-3 prospects, so lets start a thread about guys who fit the 34.

Needs to successfully run a 34: NT, 5-technique DE, ILB and Rush Linebacker. Aside from Casey moving to the 5-technique, we don't really have any of those...

NT is the one I have the most trouble with finding a solid list of prospects. There's Louis Nix III and that's about it. A sleeper that I like at NT is Justin Ellis, DT, La Tech.

I like some of the 5-techniques coming out. You have Stephon Tuitt, Timmy Jernigan, Ego Ferguson, Will Sutton and Ra'shede Hageman. Jeoffrey Pagan could be had later and could start immediately due to familiarity with the system(Alabama 34).

At ILB there's CJ Mosely(not a fan), Shayne Skove, Andrew Jackson and Max Bullough.

I think the best position for the 34 in this draft is Rush Linebacker. Anthony Barr, Khalil Mack, Vic Beasley, Kyle Van Noy, Jeremiah Attauchu, and Christian Jones.

Then you have the "tweener" guys, who used to be 43 DEs in college that will convert to 34 RLB: Dee Ford, Aaron Lynch, Demarcus Lawrence and Jackson Jeffcoat.

This is just a preliminary list and these guys are not ranked in any way. Suggestions? Sleeper picks? Post them.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I do not think Casey has the reach or the size to play DE in any situation. Would be better off with Casey at NT and Hill at DE.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I want us to target Barr or Mack, we need that true pass rushing OLB. Move Brown to ILB (I think he can be alot like his bud Bruce Carter). We then need to use a later pick on a NT, I also like Ellis - could be picked up in the 4th/5th (I believe he'll start to rise). McCullers (from Tenn) is another name at NT.

Really starting to like Khalil Mack the more I watch him. Could be a steal.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Zach Brown is as smart as a bag of rocks, how will he play ILB?

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Brown is way too soft in stature and in physicality to play a full time ILB in the 3-4, IMO. I don't think he could even cut it as a 4-3 MLB, with 2 DTs taking up blocks for him.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

My problem with McCullers at NT is his height. At 6'8" you lose a lot of leverage when taking on double teams. For a guy his size he gets moved pretty easily.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Brown's greatest strength is his speed which would be wasted at ILB.

8. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Brown would be OK as a pass coverage linebacker that rushes occasionally. Ayers could easily work in the 3-4 most saw him as a 3-4 linebacker in the draft. But our front 7 in general would need a lot of personnel shifting. We'll see if Ruston is up to the job.

I'm in favour of a more hybrid system that has some 4-3 looks to take advantage of our roster.

9. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Plus guys are all forgetting we have the dude in my footer picture. The BEAST Mike Martin. Could easily be a NT if he added some weight. Has great leverage and technique.

It's such a shame he wasn't used last season he's a real talent.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

what happened to him????? I didn't see him in one play, if I recall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar