3-4 Defensive Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Don't think Williams liked him for some reason. He had an excellent rookie season.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Casey would be better at DE in a 3-4. As such we could line him up over an OT or OG (which is where we line him up now). Sure OG and OC have a shorter reach but that's not why he beats them. He's very quick and active. As a NT, his quickness is lost if he's always taking the double team unless it's a passing down and we want to isolate him on the OC. Hill has the size to take the abuse of NT better then Casey. Then again, it depends on HOW you play the 3-4. 2 gap is one way where I wouldnt start Casey at NT (except passing downs maybe). But one gap it and Casey could be a nightmare at NT, but then he's not protecting your ILB's. Something to keep in mind.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

3-4 Inside Linebackers
    - Shayne Skov, Stanford (2nd Round)
    - Chris Borland, Wisconsin (2nd Round)
    - Andrew Jackson, Western Kentucky (4th Round)
    - Preston Brown, Louisville (6th Round)

3-4 Defensive Ends
    - Stephen Tuitt, Notre Dame (1st/2nd Round)
    - Dominique Easley, Florida (2nd/3rd Round)
    - Ed Stinson, Alabama (4th Round)
    - Jeoffery Pagan, Alabama (5th/6th Round)
    - Ben Gardner, Stanford (5th/6th Round)

3-4 Nose Tackles
    - Louis Nix III, Notre Dame (1st Round)
    - Daniel McCullers, Tennessee (4th Round)
    - Justin Ellis, Louisiana Tech (5th Round)

3-4 Rush Linebacker
    - Anthony Barr, UCLA (Top 10)
    - Khalil Mack, Buffalo (1st Round)
    - Kyle Van Noy, BYU (1st/2nd Round)
    - Vic Beasley, Clemson (1st/2nd Round)
    - Adrian Hubbard, Alabama (4th Round)
    - Ronald Powell, Florida (5th Round)

These are just the guys I'd be most interested in. If we go QB in round 1, then I'd go as follows:

1st - QB
    2nd - Chris Borland ILB, Wisconsin/Shayne Skov ILB, Stanford
    4th - Ron Powell OLB, Florida
    5th - Justin Ellis NT, Louisiana Tech
    6th - Jeoffery Pagan DE, Alabama
    7th - RB

If we don't go QB in round 1 and decide to roll with Locker and a mid round guy then this:

1st - Anthony Barr OLB, UCLA
    2nd - Chris Borland ILB, Wisconsin/Shayne Skov ILB, Stanford
    4th - QB
    5th - Justin Ellis NT, Louisiana Tech
    6th - Jeoffery Pagan DE, Alabama
    7th - RB

Get a starting RT via FA, resign Bernard Pollard, and sign Terrence Cody via FA.

DE - Jeoffery Pagan, Karl Klug, Lavar Edwards
    NT - Terrence Cody, Justin Ellis, Mike Martin
    DT - Jurrell Casey, Sammie Lee Hill
    SAM - Akeem Ayers, Kamerion Wimbley
    MIKE - Chris Borland/Shayne Skov, Colin McCarthy
    WILL - Zach Brown, Zavier Gooden
    RUSH - Derrick Morgan, Anthony Barr

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

To play one gap you have to have a SOLID set of LBs though. I could see the draft determining how we set up our defense this year. Screw forcing something. If Barr falls, you take him and work the defense to fit. Not a huge stretch.

If he doesn't, I think you take Beasley or trade back a few and take Easly or Kony.

We have consistently let the defense slide in the draft... Can't do that with pass rushers for ever. If you arnt taking a QB you have to take someone to protect the qb or attack the qb. That simple.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This is my guy.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think Ronald Powell will be lucky to get drafted. He's never been healthy.

7. xpmar9x

Love the right up. Seems like you're sold on an ILB in the 2nd round. What if we opt for the free agent route instead? I love ILB, but Donald Butler really interests me. Being an ex-Charger, he may feel comfortable since he probably knows Ken Whisenhunt.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Karlos Dansby is a free agent. He played in Arizona's defense when Whisenhunt was there. Williams also played really well last year on a one-year deal for the Cards.

9. xpmar9x

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2014ILB.php

Solid breakdown of all the ILB free agents. I want a young MLB, somebody we can mold into a star like Kiko Alonso or Luke Kuechly... however after investing 2 2nds (Brown, Ayers) & a 3rd (Gooden) into LBs, I think we need to shy away. I do want an OLB 1st round, becasue we need that true pass rusher. Would rather sign a free agent who has some exp to help our LBs out.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Pass rusher is what this Defense has been missing. Morgan has a top end pass rush DE is just not getting there. He's build as a run stopper with decent ability...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar