3 strikes rule, good idea or not.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Feb 24, 2007.

?
  1. BAD idea

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Good idea

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I've been hearing alot about this. It does sound like a good idea. I'm assuming the strikes would be handed-down through the NFL and not by the players team.
    I love the idea that you get 3 strikes and you're GONE. Not 3 strikes and you're off the team only to sign with Thug collectors like Dallas and Raiders, but OUT of the NFL altogether. If this wouldn't wake up a problem player, nothing will. I wonder how their Union will react to it?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

depends on what is counted as a strike. should a traffic ticket be a strike? i mean, it is illegal, but is it illegal enough?

and does the league wait for things to take their course or do they just slap the player with a strike like they do a fine, only to find out six months later the charges are dropped?

pacman has NOT been named a suspect(that we know of), so does he get a strike for being there?

a lot of grey area that has to be defined because we are talking about someone's career.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I agree.
    It will be difficult to determine what would be considered a strike.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yep, what's a strike? May sound like a good idea, but defining a strike could be very difficult.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Let me point out that in most jobs one incident like many players have had this season (see Bengals, Tank Johnson) would lead to an immediate dismissal from the job, why should we hold athletes to a lower standard?

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

There is one difference, they bring in money. Most normal people do not bring in millions of dollars of revenue. and if they did, they'd probably get a few exceptions.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

nor do many from a normal job go out and suffer pain to the point they can't move the next day.

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Depends on what the strike is... If you get caught shoplifting, that shouldn't be a strike, in this case for example

9. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Having said that, JOhnson and the Bengals players still played this year, after the incidents... Johnson played 2-3 weeks after it happened. So why should we get rid of Jones? This better be good, and it better not include "but with Jones it's the 5th time!" type of ----. Cuz if you say that, then it applies to Henry, Thurman, Nicholson and Brooks, whom are all still on the Bengals roster...

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

what about travis henry and drug violations? i would guess that positive drug tests would be counted as a strike. so henry would have two, he is a parking ticket away from never being able to play ball in the nfl again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar