360 Premium systems get upgrades

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

what does "take care of it" entail? it's not like my buddy dropped it down a flight of stairs. he treated it exactly how he treated his ps2 and xbox consoles, both of which lasted a good 4 or 5 years.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

33% failure rate is more than just people being careless.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the majority of 360 failures are due to faulty heatsinks

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd say the majority are due to people ALLOWING their system to overheat. Which, yes, is microsoft's fault, but just as much the user's fault. If you don't put water/coolant in your vehicle, it will overheat. Just as if you don't keep your console ventilated, it will overheat. If you leave it on for 24 hrs it will overheat, and if you let the adapter pack get hot, the same thing happens.
    People are very careless. I was far more 'rough' or, careless with my PS2 and never had a problem. But since I've heard stories and reasons with the 360...i know mine won't mess up unless I allow it.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

first off
    ther 360 is a casualty waiting to happen on several fronts

the 2 main ventialtion points are on the sides (horizontally) or top/bottom (vertically). the HDD covers one of those up almost entirely and the other is squandered if you place it vertically like it's been marketed to do

the Ps3 vents are in the front ... no way to f*** that up
    maybe thats why we haven't heard of many (if any Ps3's overheating)
    which is amazing because there is no external power "brick" like there is for the 360.... the Ps3's is internal, which means that the ps3 was designed MUCH better to have that unit inside and to still not overheat

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and just in case you didn't know Gloat, I was one of the only Xbox defenders / supporters on this board ... and by far the most vocal (almost to a fault)

so I'm not some Sony fanboy or Xbox doomsayer

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

And I was hyping the PS3 over the 360 before they completely disappointed me. I absolutely hate microsoft, but Sony has been so unworthy of attention so far I couldn't wait 2 more years for them to finally come around.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

memories. :ha:

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ aaaw you remember ? that's sweet
    good times
    btw..... xbox is........... oh nevermind :ha:

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

what is so horribly wrong with the system?
    I think it's an awesome piece of hardware
    the native 1080p output looks downright sick on my Sony 1080p sxrd
    they've been improving it monthly with some firmware updates

sure, there aren't may games to play on it yet, but there will be - and I'm almost sure that they'll rock the casbah. the biggest fault I've heaqr is that some 3rd party publishers find it difficult to program for it .... once folks get the hang of it, then there'll be a rush of titles on the market

and just so keeping score is kept fair ....... there hasn't been a whole lot available lately for the Wii or the 360 that really ruffle my feathers

the next games to look forward to are
    Wii - Metroid Prime :Corruption (trust me, it's worth buying a Wii for)
    PS3 - Warhawk / Lair
    360 - BioShock / Two Worlds

and everyone gets Madden O8 tomorrow

so good gaming is definitely ahead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar