360's been fixed?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bobo, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Maybe I'm just not finding the right info, but it looks like only the "elite" system has the HDMI output. Can you only get 1080P with this cable? It also looks like the games don't get any better than 1080I....as far as I can tell.

Like I said, maybe I'm not finding all the right info here.

I am starting to salivate over the thought of Halo 3 with a much better picture on maybe a 55" Sony KDS :greedy:

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

no
    the elite was the 1st unit to ship with HDMI
    however, I've seen LOTS of failure issues with the elite
    the biggest draw to the elite is the included 120 gb HDD
    but I do not think the elite's have the new chipsets

-- the "new" premium systems have the HDMI out ... and it's supposed to be clearly marked on the box with an "HDMI sticker"

1080p - as I understand it, HDMI is the ONLY way to output 1080p
    i cannot confirm maximum output for games
    i do know that the HD-DVD add-on will output 1080p if enabled in settings and connected via HDMI to an eligible display

back to games, i can confiorm that the Ps3 does "upconvert" games to 1080p - even Ps2 titles like God of War and Burnout Dominator. I'm not sure if the 360 does the same ..... a little research may reveal the answer for you - or like I mentioned earlier, a call to 1-800-4my-xbox (iirc) may get you the answer you want

and finally, a 360 connected to a Sony SXRD display will be one of the prettiest things you'll ever see

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Xbox 360 65nm CPU In Production
    August 1st, 2007

The 65nm version of the Xbox 360 processor is now in full production, according to Chartered Semiconductor, the manufacturer of the CPU. Production began on the 65nm CPU, codenamed “Falcon”, in the last two quarters, and is expected to be in retail Xbox 360 units this Fall. The smaller and cooler CPU will certainly help the growing overheating problem that Microsoft is struggling with, not to mention that it’s quite cheaper to manufacture, something that should result in a price drop.

http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/08/01/xbox-360-65nm-cpu-in-production/

GOOGLE IT
    http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=xbox+360+65nm&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

HDMI-equipped Xbox 360 Premiums still carry 90nm chips

--Well it appears that despite all of our wishing, hoping, and positive-thinking exercises, Microsoft has failed to deliver on a small dream of ours, namely, 65nm chips for the new HDMI-rocking Xbox 360 Premiums. Despite signs pointing otherwise, new photos show that this batch of systems continue to carry the Zephyr motherboard layout, which uses the older, hotter 90nm chips, though the boys in Redmond have addressed the heat issue a little bit with the addition of a second "daughter" heatsink attached to the CPU by heatpipe. The new 65nm "Falcon" boards -- which chipmaker Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) confirmed are in production -- are still on their way according to the rumor mill, slated for release sometime this Fall.--
    -- http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/15/hdmi-equipped-xbox-360-premiums-still-carry-90nm-chips/--

this was published in August
    not sure when Fall is for them
    it's been made clear though that the new chips are cheaper to manufacture and "should" result in a price drop
    keep an eye on Engadget and Gizmodo

what's important to note here is the addition of the new heatsinks, which greatly reduce heat in the unit ... you can also get one of these $20 "Intercooler" doo-hickies that exhaust the heat out of the unit

regardless if you get one NOW, and it happens to overheat in 2 years / 11 months from now, then you get to trade it in on a new one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar