4 Rounds

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SARGO127, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

Trade #19, 4th-07, 3rd-08 to San Diego for RB Michael Turner
    Trade #30 to the Jets for #59, #63, Justin McCariens

#50. WR Sidney Rice, South Carolina
    #59. DE Victor Abiamiri, Notre Dame
    #63. CB Tanard Jackson, Syracuse
    #80. CB Jonathan Wade, Tennessee
    #115. WR Jacoby Jones, Lane College
    #128. DT Paul Soliai, Utah

We need some depth here. Turner takes care of the runningback situation with LeDale. McCariens is a decent 3/4 WR. Rice is a burner who Vince would be very happy to have. Victor Abiamiri is a beast. Then the two CBs, Jackson and Wade. Jones is a underrated WR. Reminds a lot of people of Colsten. Soliai is a huge DT who can clog the middle for us. Rest of the draft focus on LB, S, and OL.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Ummm.........IDK somethings make sense but why trade for J-Mac when were gonna draft Sidney Rice. We have enough decent 3/4 WR's already we have no need for another. I don't really like the trade......well atleast how it was done. I like Turner don't get me wrong but RB's come and go I don't see the logic in trading for a career backup RB........yes he has lots of potential but can he do it again, can he carry the load, right now I'm not sure I really like the guy but it might just be too much to dish out. I think paying Dillon and keeping our picks makes more sense.

This RB class is a bit weak so we could get Dillon who would fill 2 needs.....another qaulity back to team with LW that brings some needed fireand passion to the position and to teach LW how its done and a work ethic. Then after this season look at Turner again in FA or another back and if you don't get one look in next years draft.

Now to the mock it's avg. Why trade the # 30 pick to pick 29 and 34 spots later I don't see the logic I'm through with the quantity over qaulity deal we have tried with DE and WR it doesn't work.

My mock would go something like this.

FA-Corey Dillon RB

Draft:

1. Justin Harrell DT Tennessee to good to pass on a top 10 pick without the injury.
    2. Eric Wright CB UNLV Deion raved about this kid thats saying something.
    3. Aundrea Allison WR East Carolina Big time potential and he loves to play.
    4. Doug Datish C/G Ohio State fills a need with Benji Olsen getting old and Mawae so whoever leave first he can take over but for now is a versatile backup.
    4. Chris Henry RB great mix of speed, size,and power. Don't let the #'s fool you he had a weak supporting cast.
    5. Jacoby Jones WR Lane Great speed and frame to get bigger might need a year or 2 to become full-time starter, has #1 WR potential, but for now can be a deep threat.
    6. Jared Zabransky QB A backup with big game exp. has good mobitity and potential.
    6. Marvin White S Big kid with a knack for the big hit and has decent ball skills and good speed.
    6. Mansfield Wrotto OG never enough O-line depth with eventually could take over for Olsen with Datish moving to C.
    7. Justin Hickman DE UCLA great senior season. A bit undersized but knows how to rush the passer.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

That would be a terrible move IMO. Sure we could get lucky and some of those guys could really shine, after all Finnegan was a real find but IMO we need to try to get better players and not just a bunch of left overs. In the draft we need to steer the draft so we get the players we like, not the players other teams past on. Even if we really liked some of the guys listed there is no certainty they are available when we draft at those positions.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

nothing but a bunch of second tier guys. you pretty much sacraficed our entire draft to get turner.

5. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Deion may have raved about this guy but he has character issues (caught with "Extasy" and accused of rape - AKA "Pacman Duex"). Even if we sacrifise some talent I would much rather take a player thats good in the locker room and has decent production on the field

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar