4 Seasons with no playoffs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

A first in "Titans" history. Only 2 playoff appearances in the last 9 seasons.

Only 6 in 14 seasons as Titans.

Just rubbing a little salt in the wound to start the day. I guess Merril Hoge WAS right. VY set this franchise back 5 years. That and our terrible drafting all around.

No coach could magically turn this 2012 Titans team into a Superbowl contender. I think depending on the rest of the season you give Munch one more year. Have to upgrade secondary and D-line, maybe even LBers. I don't like see McCarthy ran over by Justin Blackmon. I wouldn't imagine that happening to Urlacher or Ray Lewis (at least not in their prime).

CJ cannot take 15 yard losses dancing around when he could've just had a 1 yard gain. That has to stop on Offense even if it means voiding his contract and going with a different RB. Improve interior line. Other than that I think Locker, Wright, Nate Washington look good.

Guess I could've added this in another thread but just rambling. This football season sucked pro and college. No UT bowl game. No AU bowl game. Titans games don't matter. No Hockey. :puke:
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Gonna be five consecutive seasons if we keep Captain Dipsh*t around (which we will).
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Just out of curiosity, what would need to happen over the remainder of the season for Munch to deserve a third year (IYO)?
  4. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

You either fire Munchak and his staff or give him an extension. No quality coordinator will want to come to a team where the head coach only has one year left. The next move Bud makes will be crucial to the success or failure of this team moving forward.
  5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

EXTENSION?

EXTENSION?
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

I know, I know. We either start from scratch or give him an extension to hire quality coordinators.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Missing the playoffs is something I just can't get immune to. At times I sometimes think to myself that we have a long way to go before we become true contenders.

All I ask now is for the rookies to progress. Is that too much to ask for?
  8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

What makes you think he's capable of finding quality coordinators? He picked these two buffoons with him now didn't he?

EXTENSION?
  9. acqua7

acqua7 Starter Tip Jar Donor

you guys realize fisher went 4.5 seasons before he made the playoffs/had a winning record with this organization right?
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. acqua7

acqua7 Starter Tip Jar Donor

No one could get good co-ordinators with the pinch he was in (being hired very late in the off-season process)
    • High Five High Five x 1