4 Seasons with no playoffs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Absolutely. It has happened before in the NFL, why not us?

2. Alex1939

Yeah it was a good season. New coach, new coordinators, new QB, no offseason, and we did better than realistic expectations should be under that situation.

3. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Because our coaches suck. Those couple of players aren't going to fix the fundamental mistakes our players are making every game. And if we don't make the playoffs again, you're going to give them a break because we have new coordinators, right?

4. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

It still wasn't a good season. Just better than you expected.

5. Alex1939

I doubt Munchak sucks as a coach. Our O-line may be down now but we had the best O-line for a long time without investing much into it.

No, I won't give them a break. Playoff or bust next year. The only way I would give them a break is if there were multiple injuries at key positions.

Why do you hate Munch? What has he personally done to you for you to despise him so much? After all, he has been an Oiler/Titan for 30 years, you'd think the guy would have at least a little respect from a "fan".

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Alex1939

Why is a winning record with a new coach and qb and no offseason not considered a good season particularly if it beats low expectations?

Define a good season.

I really think if it was up to you Bellicheck would've never coached in the NFL again based on what he did with the Browns.

7. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I never said munch wasn't a good OL coach. He was. He is a terrible HC.

Why do you translate my disapproval of him as a HC into personal hatred for the man. This has NOTHING to do with Munch personally. It is strictly about his performance as our HC. The problem is that you let your personal respect for him get in the way of your judgement towards him as a HC. It's nothing personal. If we keep Munch and he goes out there next year and takes us to the playoffs, I'll be all for him getting an extension. But I believe that's not going to happen.

8. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Would you stop using the "no off season" excuse! No team had an off season!
    We didn't have a winning season. The last Texans game was a gift. We did not earn that win.

A good season would be making the playoffs, not losing to pathetic and winless teams, and beating more than one team with a winning record.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Move Bellicheat to Kansas City and see what happens.

10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Ill echo what Alex asked you. What do you not like about Munch. I mean specifics, I dont mean "were losing games we shouldnt lose" because every coach does that and coordinators have just as much, if not more, to do with game planning as the head coach does.

What is he doing wrong other than not going out and playing for the players.

I think TJ said it best when he said talent is 80% of what happens to a team. A coach should be able to utlilize a players talents, which players are Munch not utilizing and that cannot be blamed on the OC or DC?

(its a real question, not arguing)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar