49'er Game Will Define Vince

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

As much as I think Vince is not the future of the Titans, I do wish him well tommorrow.

That said, the 49'er game is going to define how well Vince can play.

The 49'ers have held rushes to 3.8 yrds per carry.

11 members of their defense has had a sack.

They know how to bring the pressure and it will be a true test for Vince.

If he pulls it off and we win this game I might have some hope for the season, although I don't expect playoffs, I wouldn't mind skating by with 8-8 at this point.

If he pulls it off conVINCEingly, I might start to give him a little respect.

I honestly can't wait to see this game.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Define? no... A better idea of where he is, maybe. Let's let Vince start 6 or so games before starting to form a real conclusion..

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

1 game doesn't define a player.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

No, one game doesn't define a player but for VY there is a huge amount at stake. If he plays well he takes one more step towards proving he can maybe be the guy.

But if he totally goes into a funk, throws ints and makes dumb plays and is a big reason the Titans lose he will have a real tough time winning fans over to him. Not to mention it could shoot another hole into his confidence and suddenly we end up back to square one.

IMO it isn't imperative VY plays lights out in all these games but it is imperative he doesn't become the reason we lose. So yes the game could define VY if he blows it IMO. Or maybe another way to put it, VY could solidify how he has been defined already.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

not true

I don't agree with Arcane that this game will define Vince. But I do think in some cases 1 game can define a player...That game will never be a week 9 game between a 1-6 team and a 3-4 team though...

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This game should tell us a lot about where Vince is.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Most of the games ive seen Vy play came down to the wire.... i look for this to be another 4th q nail biter with TN having a shot to win. they will have to have a mistake free last minute drive to win imo.

8. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

We know whats coming 2INTs in the first half.And then his gonna make a few 3rd downs giving us a chance to win at the end.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Don't begin a premise with incomplete facts.

49ers are 20th in total defense and 12th in scoring defense.

They are great against the run, 2nd but 28th against the pass.

Statistically an average defense and basically an average team. 3-4 is average right?

So how is one performance against an average team and an average defense "define" our QB?

It does not.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

The team with the most points will win today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar