4th for McNair???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by aloving77, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aloving77

aloving77 Camp Fodder

McNair soon to be a Raven

I'm new to the boards, so hey everybody, but it looks like my first post is gonna be pretty dark. According to the Tennessean it seems like McNair is only steps away from being a Raven.

I had hoped that Steve would be back on our team next year, but this article really makes it seem like that's not gonna happen. We can always hope, but it's starting to look really grim.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

man only a 4th for McNair?

That aint much.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If we only get a 4th for McNair that's just one more reason Reese has to go...

4. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I know the NFL is a business, but I think that this "everybody's for sell" mentality that especially Reese has hurts morale... fans and team alike.

5. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Getting anything for McNair at this point is a bonus.
    If the arbitration ruling cuts him, we get nothing.
    If we have to cut him for cap room, we get nothing.

I don't get why taking a 4th for him in trade is a poor reflection on Reese.

I do get how Mcnair refusing to renegotiate a contract taht he knew would be renegotiated this year is a huge reflection on McNair's character.
    It is worse than Eddie George thinking he was worth more than he was offered.

6. kak23

kak23 Camp Fodder

This whole situation is ridiculous. How many years does he think he's going to play? He was just talking retirement last year. Why not work out a fair market deal with the Titans and stay 2 more years? It's baffling to me. It's Eddie George all over again. And the Samari Rolle comment at the end is annoying. I'm sorry but they sound like big babies.

7. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans Wanted Fourth for McNair

SUMMARY: The deal to trade Tennessee Titans QB Steve McNair was a round away from happening Sunday. The Titans asked for a fourth-round pick and the Ravens offered a fifth. At this time, Titans GM Floyd Reese can wait until late June or even July before making a decision on the future of McNair. If the Ravens and Titans don't strike a deal, McNair is expected to be released unless the Titans and his agent can agree to a new contract that would lower the veteran's salary cap number for 2006. McNair is scheduled to make $9 million in base salary and count $23.46 million against the cap. The Titans are approximately $100,000 under the salary cap, but they won't need money to sign their draft picks until July.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

8. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Make a F****** decision already!!! im tired of this... Reese is a !%^!!!%%%@$@^$%@$%#%%#^#^_#&#.. i swear to god if they wait all this time and then end up keeping mcnair im going to be mad cuz hes loosing practice time..

9. Toly

Toly Free your mind

I agree. I was thinking a second or a third at least. But that goes to show you how both teams feel about McNair's value.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I had no idea we were that tight with the cap. I think the Ravens will have to give up a third for the '07 draft if they want him before mid-July.

I was optimistic this might get worked out but if the fourth-round pick is true, then I don't think we'll have McNair on the roster when we enter '07.

A real shame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar