4th for McNair???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by aloving77, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bromike

bromike Guest

Enoch, the point about Mac only being effective as a running threat. in 2003 when he was MVP he rushed for 138 the second lowest total in his career. He rushed for 1 more yard last year. Give Mac the right talent around him and he's an MVP candidate. The team last year was horrible. Titan fans some have made Mac the scape goat for a bad team. I think he deserves better. I think we will all see Mac at his best this year unfortunately for us it will be in Baltimore.

2. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

I almost forgot about the whole "I may retire" thing. Everyone was screaming please stay ... please stay. After the 6th game of passes to the shin bone, everyone was saying pleasego ... please go.

By the way ... do we really need Vince to learn the 4 yard pass to the tight end in the flat on third and seven?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If McNair is in his right mind, he doesn't want to go to Baltimore. Unless things have changed, their OL was actually worse than ours. He'd have to learn a new system just a season after learning a new system.

I don't see this as a smart career move any way you look at it.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

At this point McNair's mind seem solely focused on the :greedy:

5. Exactly

6. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Take the fourth!

People, please! We asked for a fourth, the ravens would only give a five!
    If they had been willing to give a 4, he would be gone! I wish Steve would rework his contract, I do not want the FO to gut the team to keep him. I have been one of his greatest supporters, however he is not worth 10 mill.

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I think the green is certainly a big part of it, but also there's the pride factor. Some have discounted that, but I think it's huge. Once you've made $50 million you'd think you could afford to leave a couple million on the table to stay in comfortable surroundings and take advantage of all of the things we've already mentioned as being benefits to staying in Music City.

When I say pride, a couple of things come into play. First it's the lockout issue. I don't think any of us will ever know the real story behind the lockout, but what we do know doesn't make any sense at all. There is more to it. A lot more to it. I'm certain that there were other events that led to that lockout and it was a retaliation play to the media from Cook and/or Steve.

Second, and more important, there's the writing on the wall that McNair is not the big dog anymore in Tennessee, simply the big dog's trainer. He's been the alpha for so long it has got to be terribly difficult to give up that spot, even to a guy he really likes and wants to succeed. Devil's advocates might say, "well, he may not be the big dog for long in Baltimore either." Yeah, that's true, but Steve probably thinks once he gets back with Mason and gets in the groove he'll have his best chance at success (right or wrong). Boller certainly hasn't shown that he can compete. Even with 9's declining skills he's a much better player. At the very worst, Steve could be thinking that he's extending his starting career by one year (and maybe even more if he can prove his worth) and making more money in the process. This is why I think we keep hearing the phrase "this is a business decision."

Steve's got "Eddie's Syndrome" to a degree, but not as full blown as Eddie. Eddie couldn't start anywhere when he left, Steve still can for at least a season, maybe even two or three.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah in reality Reese probably should took it
    if we release him we get sqwat - and Baltimore knows this

I'm hoping Reese is just giving Mc time to considering firing his agent

McNair has plenty of money, plenty of fans and the heart of one of the proudest communities in the country

he has the perfect opportunity to kick back relax and play the good guy
    while still making good money and watching his protege' become a star

If it were me, taking more money to abandon the community and my 'little brother' would not be worth it - and going to Baltimore would make me want to vomit manure:barf:

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The pride factor comes from both sides here. I was hoping both could overcome it and find a way to make it work. Once the Titans mishandled the lockout, his price probably shot up. Pride will kill the deal.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I hate to say it, but I have to agree 100%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar