5.9 Earthquake in Virginia

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by theprizdfighter, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Last time I checked local news worked just as well on the east coast as it did in the midwest, so I am guessing that the east coast folks can stay up to speed by watching that as well. No need to have FoxNews or CNN reporting it also.

My point is that national news should be...well, NATIONAL. Not just world news coupled with anything going on in the news execs neighborhoods....

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Last time I checked, viewership dictates sponsorship (the money), so whatever the masses like to watch determines what is shown.

More people in the east coast equals more news about the east coast. Has nothing to do with anything, other than 'What sells?'...No mystery how the world works, no reason to whine about it...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Understand how the world works...just making a comment. Call it whining if you want.

You're right...I'm sorry.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Shut up and take out the garbage...[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Speaking of the east coast, anybody else preparing for hurricane Irene? All the news stations want to sell us on the idea were going to be without power for up to a week so that everyone buys buys and buys stuff. I think Fox News is working to stimulate the economy lol. I doubt it's that sever tho, but I'm still going to stock up some in case there are outages in the area. I've been in some hurricanes, and these yuppies over here are all panicking like it's the end of the world.

6. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Lots of people at Target at 8:30 this morning buying batteries, bread, water, and toilet paper. I was without power for four days after Isabel so picked up a few things just in case

7. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Newsflash: It wasn't really an earthquake. It is the shockwave created when you bounce a 14.6 trillion dolllar check.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Trouble with that is, there's a lot more NYC expats than there are midwest expats all over the nation... people who once lived there, still think of it as home, do business there, etc... NYC and DC ARE of national importance whether we like it or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar