5 Adjustment To Make A Top 5 Offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LT21Titans27, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

1 - 50% or more of our offensive plays should be run out of the shotgun.

By doing this, you take at least one man out of the box, make more running room up the gut.
    This also give VY more time to see the receivers, see the field, see the defense, and run if necessary.

2 - LenDale White must run on stretch plays.

Why are people on this guy, hes a big rb, you send a 200+ lb guy up the gut into 300+ lb lineman, what do you honestly expect, the only reason Brown gets better yardage is because he needs a smaller hole, and hes not good enough to break a tackle, and is too weak not to get injured
    As for speed, dont complain, show me Eddie outrunning any defense men, o wait, you cant because we knew to start George on the outside then bring him inside as the game went on.

3 - 3-4 receivers on the field at any given time

This gives us 1-1 match ups on corners, our Wrs aren't great, but you give them a chance to make a play on a 3rd string corner, we have enough depth to win that battle 7-8/10 times.

4 - Play Action, and lots of it

IF we run the way we need to run, and use the shotgun the way I think we should more effectively, we can murder a team off play action, we have alot of speed, we need to use it.

5 - Let VY go deep

No not to Bo Scafie, I mean to Roydell Williams or Brandon Jones, whether off the play action or not, let VY put it out there, he can get it out there, and on target. Let the receivers make a play, the QB cannot do it all, which unfortunately after last year we expected, but in the real world, you need a team effort. If were not gonna go get a receiver now, lets see what we really have. You cannot move the ball 70+ yards down field off screens and dumpoffs

2. Valis

Valis Guest

Doesn't matter in which direction LW goes; if there is another jersey there, he is falling down.

This 250lb man just cannot break tackles.

3. LT21Titans27

Its hard to say he cant break tackles when 3 guys hit him at once 3 yards past the line of scrimmage, give him someone 1-1, hes good enough to break a tackle then

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

seriously man, you're delusional.

the problem with lendale is the line of scrimmage doesn't move four yards forward like it did at USC.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AfvopCJtGnE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AfvopCJtGnE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

and my god, he actually ran between the tackles without having to run the stretch!

he's just this decade's Ron Dayne.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I am down with a shotgun offense myself.

6. LT21Titans27

Half of those show him getting hit in the backfield. Even in college he didnt go long up the gut, it was for a few yards, the Titans refuse to try counters, pitches, draws, etc with him, he isnt very fast but 1 on 1 he will break a tackle and pick up alot of yards after 1st contact

7. LT21Titans27

Look at his highlights in college and last year, ALOT of it is in shotgun, with spread wr and 1 rb

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

based on what? i haven't seen him do that ONCE in 21 regular season games. well, maybe once against the worst run defense in league history last year.

from this point on lendale white will be known ad LenUseless

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Here's one more for you.

6. Throw the ball more often on first down, to avoid long yardage situations for our young QB, on second and third down. :rolleyes:

10. LT21Titans27

Thats true, when you meet 4 defenders at the line, theres not much you can do but fall forward, bet lets see, who do you take to win, LenBus, or a cb, which is alot smaller. In other words, Bowling Pin, or Bowling ball?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar