5 Adjustment To Make A Top 5 Offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LT21Titans27, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You must have been watching a rerun from his college days I guess...

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

He only throw 3 incompletions.

1 on the bubble screen to Davis, 1 on the "Interception" and 1 other. He completed 11 of 14 before leaving injured. This was hardly a VY passing meltdown.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Exactly. 11 of 14 to a bunch of second rate WR's. Not too bad at all. Had he finished the game 22 of 28 for 240 yards, that would be considered a bad game? Are you kidding me. VY is holding this team together at the seams.

We are 3-2. Our 2 losses were squeakers to teams who are a combined 9-2. Oh my. The Sky is falling. The sky is falling. We are sitting pretty thanks to VY.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

THANK YOU

When does Givens come back!!

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

chances are never

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Then send a RB out on a screen pass. Even if it only nets you 4-5 yards on first down, it's still better than the 2-3 that LW is getting them. And, it will give VY more options on second or third and five or six.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

except LenUseless can't catch either.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I see the pats spread the ball around to guys who can catch, and I think "What's so hard about that?" Well, it doesn't happen because we don't have many who can catch. We'd have to have a 5 WR set to have a chance on pass offense, and even then there's not much faith that the ball would get to them.

And, sorry folks, but VY's "great" passing looks like the stuff we used to berate Mc9 for as incompetent.... So Gage makes a great jump and grab...what happens if anyone else happened to be under it?

I'm trying to remain positive and hope for some gelling...we're not yet at the halfway point. But the NFC South has gone completely to crap, and we shouldn't be losing or near-losing those games.

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

While I like the enthusiasm, nothing will make this team a top 5 offense with the following things are true:

1. We have Norm Chow as our OC
    2. We have the current set of skill players
    3. We have a young QB who still cant consistently throw

10. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

It's easy yto try and point out players and saying whose fault it is that we lost. Truth of the matter is we need to get 60 mins of play from the entire offense, and stop turning the ball over. VY, is not the problem, the WR's are not the problem, LW is not the problem, the O-Line is not the problem, and NC is not the problem. THEY ALL ARE THE PROBLEM AS A UNIT/WHOLE. The O-line needs to open up bigger holes, for the bigger back, NC needs to mix up the play calling and get some deep pass plays called to keep the Defense honest, LW & CB need to get to the hole faster and run harder, and VY needs to take care of the Damn Football, and stop being so concerned with being a "QB" as opposed to a " Running QB" and use his legs again, to keep the defense confused and on their heels.

We as Fans have to have more insight to these games than just trying to blame everything on one person. This is two weeks in a row with poor performances by the Offense. The whole Offense needs work, and until they get it going, we will have a hard time winning consistently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar