5 Most Overrated Teams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

5 Most Overrated Teams
    This guy at GlorifyThePast has something to talk about...:yell2:
    The link above is his post.
    I will repost the text, but he certainly has something to say...

If you go to the GlorifyThePast site and view some of the names in the text, they throw up a stat box when you put the pointer on them. That is really cool. Just thought I'd comment on that.

Miami has not been overhyped IMO. If seen pieces on espn that suggest they are not making any leap this year. :hmm: 4. San Diego: ??? dude is the most put together Raiders fan I've seen to date. I expect San Diego to blow the doors off the Titans.

2. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

#1 for me would be Dallas.

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Vikings are going to earn a top 5 pick in next year's draft.

4. I think overating Miami is stupid but there you go. IMO, I believe that they will push New England for the AFC East as long as they play like they did at the end of last season.

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

SD is overrated. Unless LT has a monster year, and I mean monster year, they are 8-8, 9-7 at best, 6-10 at worst. makes me laugh how people figure philip rivers won't miss a beat. they didn't even make the playoffs last year, and they had drew brees, now they think this guy will pick up and run the offense like a champ? please...

6. Remember when they ended the Colts undefeated streak last year, there defense was on sync in that game, don't count em out unless Rivers blows it early on.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

What?!?!?

Anyone who writes that Minnesota is overhyped is trying to sell something!

Several of these teams are similar...Miami will go nowhere unless they have a good QB. If I recall correctly, Culpepper fell apart after Moss left. And Randy ain't in Miami! Can Culpepper do it there without Moss? That is the question. Til then, they are wild card hopefuls. I have not seen anyone say they're going anywhere.

Philly can be a strong team but the question is...have they finally figured out how to combat their weaknesses? A glance at their roster would say no. Plus, if Eli continues to improve, the Giants have permanently overtaken them. And Dallas has more talent now if TO doesn't blow up Big D and give the Big Tuna a heart attack! Philly is overhyped? By Whom?

KC isn't overhyped...they're just the same team they alway seem to be...great offense and not enough D. And with Al Saunders moving on, I'd expect them to drop a notch or stay the same...which means they aren't really going anywhere.

Minnesota no longer has Moss, Culpepper or a defined running game. Unless someone really surprises...I don't see them going anywhere though they could since Chicago is far from a powerhouse and GB is about to fall off the cliff.

SD is overhyped? Except for the question mark that is Phillip Rivers, they have a Hall of Fame caliber RB and TE and Merriman is an awesome defensive player. If Rivers can play well, these guys should easily make the playoff by either winning the division or a wild card. They laid a couple of eggs last year and lost their first game due to no Antonio Gates and bad coaching (needing as TD in the final minute and no good WR's and no Gates...they didn't even call a play for LT in FOUR PLAYS!). But they certainly have the talent to not only go to the playoffs, but potentially win the SuperBowl (or at least give Pitt, NE, and the Colts a run for their money). But history says it'll be a learning year for Rivers so their success will depend on how well they design offensive gameplans and put the vast majority of the load on LT. I think they'll make the playoffs, but Rivers will prevent them from going far. They do have the talent though.

At best, you could say SD is overhyped because they could miss the playoffs again because of Rivers, but that's about it.

Gut

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

In this case, he's selling Sports Illustrated
    Culpepper is trying to come back from an injury is he not? Makes me so happy that Miami falls early on our schedule.
    Maybe you should ask Jeffri Chadiha. Drop an email question into the message box on page 2.:ha:

9. i think that we are underhyped, i think that we can have an 8-8 season

10. We can go 8-8, IMO, that to me is a great season for the Titans

I'm gonna stick with my 7-9 prediction

Peace Blood!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar