6 "Cancers" on the team.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TouchdownTitans, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Here is my take on the whole CJ thing. First off, I don't "hate" CJ because I have actually wanted him to succeed every year he was here. I know that the more successful he is, the more we win, and that goes for every Titans player. I have never rooted against anyone in a Titans uniform.

However, he is making 8 million dollars a year and there is no way you can say that he has played up to 8 million dollars this past season. He was an average RB this year, plain and simple. Will he hit his home runs every now and then? Yes, and it will all remind us of what he once was. But then he will follow that up with having 20 carries for 50 yards, and 1 run for 45 yards and it looks like he had a good day.

You also can't sit here and tell me that CJ gave his all every play. If you honestly think that then go back and watch him run in 2009 and you will see a clear difference. I don't want to hear anything about him playing with a torn mensicus either because that was HIS decision. No one made him play through that and if you can't give 100% everyday because of an injury, then you probably shouldn't be out there because you are hurting your team more than helping your team.

I think every athlete wants to win, but some athletes have the drive and determination to win and that's the difference here. CJ doesn't have that. If he plays well, he could care less if we win or lose. In his interviews all he talks about is how many yards he rushed for, or how many he wants to rush for. How many times has CJ said the phrase, "I'll do whatever it takes to win a Superbowl"?

Lastly, I don't put all the blame solely on CJ because our line wasn't all that great, our play calling was suspect, and losing Locker really set this team back. But CJ has been here for 6 years now and when has he taken the blame for anything? Literally nothing is ever his fault, but he is never afraid to let you know when other people are in the wrong. That's not being a good teammate and people don't like to be around guys like that.

If CJ is back next season then I will be rooting for him to break records and be a fantasy football stud, but I don't think it is in the best interest of this football team to bring him back.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

2000 yards didn't get us into the playoffs so for this specific debate it doesn't matter. At this point I want him to be like AP and then I'll like him and or want him back.

Be a leader and work his tail off to win games like AP does. I haven't seen either. With that, then the yards will come.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

But what do the Vikings have to show for all of AP's greatness when it comes to the post-season? He had a great year last season, did all the things people here want Chris to do and they were still a horrible team. Hell they were worse than us (5-11-1). I don't see any rings on AP's fingers either. It's because RB is only a part of the equation. If a once in a generation back like AP can't put the team on his back and will them to a Superbowl or deep into the playoffs why should that standard be applied to Johnson or really any other back?

4. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea well like Greene, Peterson bullies his way to the 1st down marker. Thats why people like Peterson, he's delivering on his deal, CJ isn't.

6. JCBRAVE

CJ simply doesn't have a good enough touches to 1st downs ratio to warrant $8M

7. JCBRAVE

30-yard runs are now HOMERUNS? Thats what its come down to....

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I hear what you are saying and you're right. However, the difference to me is that no Vikings fan is calling for AP to be cut. They see that the problem for them not getting into the playoffs is on other issues like QB, Coaching, Def, WR, and Oline.

And that is my point really. We see the level of difference in play between CJ and AP. If AP was on our team last year, we make the playoffs easy. Put CJ on the Vikes this last year or the year before and they are far worse.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

So you were unhappy with CJ in 2009 when he wasn't bullying his way to the first down. Because he didn't do that then either. He's not built for that.

10. JCBRAVE

Are you screwing with me? In 2009 CJ led the entire NFL in yards after contact with over 1000, he used to fight his way to the marker. Now he just curls up and dies.

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar