6 Overtimes?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RavensShallBurn, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Syracuse 127
    UConn 117

Wow. I turned this game on at a perfect time... at the very end of the first overtime. Eventually about 7 people wandered into my doorm and we all watched in awe of the game. This was probably the best basketball game I've watched... it was sloppy, but you can't beat 6 OTs!
  2. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

I grew up 20 minutes from syracuse, i go to school 40 minutes from syracuse. All my friends and I bleed syracuse. We went absolutely nuts. emotional game. UNREAL. GO CUUUUUSEEEEE
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I was rooting for Syracuse... I don't like Devendorf (sp?) because of his off-court troubles (and his on-court bad-mouthing), but I really don't like Jim Calhoun after watching him lose his cool in a press conference... when he blatantly disrepected a journalist that asked a simple question. He handled it poorly... like Christian Bale vs. Lightman. lol

I'm glad Syracuse won. It was one hell of a game.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm from Syracuse too. Lived there for at least 15 years. Been through the Seikaly and Coleman years, watched remotely the Anthony and Warrick title, and now 6 OT's. Good stuff. How Syracuse continues to recruit is beyond me. It is cold and snowy, and the city is not that exciting in my opinion. I have to give it to Boeheim for the recriting and for his unbeatable 2-3 zone. I'm a houston Cougar fan first, but Syracuse has a small place in my heart.
  5. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i never watch basketball, but i sat and watched from the 2nd ot on...my god, it was better then some movies i have watched. i may just start watching college hoops!
  6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I was pretty amazed at highlights of this. Almost a negative to win, such a weardown. I only saw the highlights, but didn't the quality of play/shots drop significantly in the last couple of overtimes? The shots looked worse on the highlights, it looked like everyone was wearing down.
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Most all the starters fouled out, so they should have been pretty fresh.
  8. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

one guy hit the rim with the ball when he went up for a dunk in the last OT because he just didn't have the lift.

never seen anything like that before.
  9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Hell yes... good to see all these Syracuse brethren on here!! I was born an raised in Poughkeepsie, for those of you who know where that is I appreciate your condolences. Anyhow, lifelong 'Cuse fan and that game was absolutely wild. I hope we STOMP Louisville tonight (I currently live in BG, KY, home of the WKU Hilltoppers, and I HATE Louisville, so tonights game should be a good one for me if we win it!)
  10. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.