Training Camp 8 WR's on the Roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

IMO drafting Hunter is more about replacing Jared Cook than 'replacing' any of our current WRs.

Lets face it, Cook was basically a WR here anyway. He walked, and left a void. I know we signed Walker as well, but I don't think we will play him like we played Cook. Walker will line up all over the place.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No one is saying Washington sucks or necessarily deserves to be cut/traded. He just seems like the odd man out (aside from the obvious) IMO. I just don't see how you use the 34th overall pick on a #4 wide receiver when you have so many other needs. So that tells me that Hunter will be one of our top 3. And I don't see Wash being happy as the #4 guy.

I think it will be a mutual parting of ways.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think we'll roll with 6.

Hell, if Okafor is gone when we pick here in a minute, I'd take Patton. Then you'd be at 9 WRs. Cut Mariani, Hawkins, Williams. Then you're at 6.

4. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Washington has to go period. No room for him. Mariani and Hawk and Williams are just depth. Washington is the only one who is in the way of Britt/Wright/Hunter. Just signed Walter so doesnt make sense to dump him.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Why is anyone concernred about how many WRs we have on the roster BEFORE TRAINING CAMP?

The best scenario is to trade Washington for something (probably lucky to get a 5th but might be able to use him to wap spots in some round).

Obviously we have 4 guys that are not going anywhere.
    Britt, Hunter, Wright and Williams (yes Williams is safe and could get extended for a decent price after this year - he has decent value as a depth guy). The rest can fight for a roster spot (assuming we can trade Washington). I'd consider taking Zach Rodgers in the 7th round as a potentiall slot guy or any other guy that would fit that role and compete with Mariani for a roster spot. I'd also guess we might keep 6 WR especially if one is a STs return guy.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Why is Quinton Patton still available???

If he's there in the 5th, we gotta take him. I know we have other needs, but we could roll with Britt, Wright, Washington, Hunter, Patton, and Walter.

We'd be totally prepared for Nate and Britt's departures within the next couple years.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Why would we cut Washington? That would make zero sense. Same for Britt.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Why is Walter such a lock? He is old with no upside and doesn't really bring anything to the table. IMO keeping Williams over him is a no brainer and maybe even Hawkins. I think it looks like this next year.

1. Washington
    2. Britt
    3. Wright
    4. Hunter
    5. Williams
    6. If Mariani comes back I think he beats out the other guys. Thats all this 6th spot is and lets be honest, Reynaud isn't a guy we want returning kicks. If not, I give an edge to Walter.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. smili

smili Starter

Washington is a good receiver, and probably our most reliable. I don't see why we assume he'd be cut. I think Britt is probably on the outs when contract comes up, so that's even more reason to think Washington stays. The Hunter pick to me seems anticipatory of Britt leaving as much as anything.

I felt like Mariani had a good chance to be a good possession receiver with ability to get open and good hands prior to injury - so I'm not counting him out either.

10. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

About to be 1 more when we take Da'Rick Rogers right here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar