A Case For Resigning Roos

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Nov 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It would seem obvious that the Titans would let Roos walk. End of his contract and his replacement, Taylor Lewan, has been the Titans best offensive lineman. However, I think provided we can get him for a reasonable amount of money he should be resigned.

• Roos has been the best lineman other than Lewan
    • Coming off this injury he should be cheap
    • Though injured this year Roos has been very durable
    • Lewan has the LT spot locked down but Oher has been bad at RT. Roos can play RT allowing Oher to be cut or replace Levitre at LG who can be cut
    • The Titans have a very young OL right now with one rookie and two second year players. It would be good for the Titans to have one lineman who is a vet and not a waste of space (like Levitre and Oher are)
    • Roos showed strong character this offseason when Lewan was drafted. He is a guy to be counted on and resigning him would send a message to others on how to act

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I like saying Roos.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We should offer him a contract to replace Derrick Morgan because that guy sucks serious dick.

• LOL LOL x 3
  4. XO

XO Nevada Native

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. The Hammer

Plus he is Estonian, which is kinda cool

[​IMG]

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Can we please, once and for all, dispense with the notion that you can just move players between positions without a significant drop in quality?

7. The Hammer

Moving from LT to RT is not major jump. Especially when you consider RT is an easier position. Also, he played RT his rookie year and was very good. People move between OL positions all the time without a "Significant drop in quality."

Not like I am suggesting he play CB.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If we're talking a 1-2 year deal for not a ton of money, then sure. Otherwise turn the page.

9. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I say we should just draft a guard in the 1st ( top 10 ) to replace Levitre or Warmackin.

The only smart way to go about this whole situation.

10. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

I agree. Just ask Bruce Matthews. SMH

Good players can switch positions. Crappy players can not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar