A change in strategy?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I think the strategy prior to Free Agency was; CB, WR, and DE.
    With the departure of Travis (#1 RB), the departures of Wade & Bennett and the possibility of loosing Pacman to legal problems, does anyone think our draft day strategy will change and how will it change?

Personally, I beleive that replacing a starting vet lost through FA, one must replace him with another FA, not a draft pick. That being said, CB would be a big priority to fill a hole and to add depth to the position.
    After bringing in atleast 2 vet WRs through FA, drafting a WR in the mid rounds to groom for the future would be a good idea.
    Add depth to DE and TE positions.
    Get rid of secondary headaches Hill and Thompson and find FA and draft for depth.
    I also think we need to find us a human bowlingball to act as a third down back through the draft. I do not think LenDale is a starting RB, and Chris Brown saw very little action last year for a reason. A vet FA needs to be added.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'm just mad were going to finish FA with more holes than we started with. Way to go Reinfeldt A+ job so far. Someone tell him Fa started already and 3/4 the guys we need are gone but hey theres always next year right? We better get DJ and well.........idk whose even laft worth getting excited over other than Harper and Mcgahee not sure if Ian Scott is out there. Just wake up sign someone and do ur job.

I'm just guessing but I think part of the problem could be that he feels overloaded with stuff like the combine, draft, and FA that he can't do it all like when he had help with where his sopt was before idk just a guess but either way he shoulda been ready to do his job if he was hired and interviewed so w/e just a guess but doesn't change my mind that he looks like abum right now bring in scrubs like Fletcher and Fisher I mean come on we have the 4th most cap money and haven't done a gosh dang thing. It's really getting under my skin sorry if I rambled off topic but uhhhh... do something MIKE!

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

For third down we need a pass cather not a bowling ball LW is big enough bt the Nate L.... something guy from Hawaii whose like 5'9 250 would be awsome sometime in the draft he's fun to whatch and can deliver a blow. Garrett Wolfe would be legit sometime round 6 or 7 as a scat back and return man. DE will be addressed within the first day hopefully a guy like Charles Johnson or Anthony Spencer. TE I like Hareline from BYU or Ben Patrick for Delaware late.

4. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Ya miss Reese don't ya?

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Reese did a good job last off-season.

6. hey, lets give the guy a break, and if we have a horrible draft then we can start ragging, its still to early, maybe he has a master plan that no one has thought about... everyone just cool down until april 30th when the draft is over

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm so tired of the phrase "drafting a WR in the mid rounds to groom for the future..." Lessee....BJones, Roby, Williams, Orr....enough of that already.

At least two FA WRs? So, what? Maybe three? :rolleyes: :ha:

Getting rid of Hill would be foolish. He can start, would be great depth, was a 7th round pick, and is cheap. Thompson is another matter, but he would still be fine for depth.

You are not alone in thinking that LenDale isn't good enough to start. Most of us for some reason expected him to come in like Vince and be anointed the starter immediately and were immensely disappointed when he wasn't. I think he just needed to see what is up for a season, and most importantly, get the much-needed conditioning he clearly lacked when we drafted him. I'm fine with him starting, but we need someone who can come in if need be. However, if we bring in someone like McGahee, for instance, it begs the question: Why did we draft LenDale White at all? Makes no sense.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Let's just draft Defense. It's easier to sign FA offensive players.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

agreed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar