A Closer Look at Jake Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by EdRomeo, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

-Disagree, I think you're being overly critical nit-picking this pass.
    The ball was thrown to Kearse's right shoulder he could have caught the pass without spinning and the pass gave him plenty of time to catch and run.

5)To be fair he looks to his right first, you can't assume he didn't read this play.
    You're right that it shouldn't be graded as on target,especially for a RB.
    But as you can see I graded this play a negative thus its highlighted in orange and appears in the negative play section.
    It also didn't help that the RT got beat pretty quickly.

9)I think you're taking a lot of liberities when say what 'expected' cover 3. Also the playside corner wasn't playing off he was playing press the WR on the right had off coverage.
    I graded him down on this play too, I thought he could have turned down the WR, but since he choose that WR he could have made a better throw low towards the outside.
    I also think the CB made contact with Kearse while the ball was in flight.
    But, the throw is in Kearse radius and imo a good WR makes that catch, Kearse got both hands on it (i thought).

11)Completely disagree.
    The backside TE does get open but I don't think many coaches are gonna grade a guy down for throwing to 1st read on the playside progression when its open.
    That's not a sign of him not reading defenses, he made the correct read.
    Also, how do you go from this play and leap to the conclusion that he doesn't read defenses? We're talking about following progressions and that's what he's been doing the whole game.
    Reading defenses is a skill very few college QBs have and when you compare Locker to Newton, Gabbert, Dalton he's far ahead of the curve both in following progressions and in reading defenses.

Look at the annotation, I mark this throw as off target and notice again this play is highlighted in brown for negative play.
    -Did you notice the arm strength though?

15)C'mon dude, no you're going overboard when you're even nit-picking 50 yard TD bombs.

17)Yep, ball security gotta hold on to that ball.

19)Now you're just nit-picking.

Good discussion, I definetely appreciate that were discussing the on field play instead of all the other crap.
    I noticed you only had negative comments but an assessment is more then just pointing out negative plays.
    Its the sum of positive plays in relation to the sum of negative plays.
    If you only talk about the negatives for any prospect you miss the big picuture.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The reality is you never can tell what a college QB is gonna do in the pros. It's one of the most unpredictable positions on the field and there's a ton of factors outside of the QB that influence their success.

Here's to Rusty being the best QB in Franchise history :beer2:

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Just out of curiosity, I wonder what the bust rate is for franchise quarterbacks with a score above 25? I'm guessing it's also pretty high.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Locker was the only one that didn't cheat. :brow:

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You only brought it up about 6 times in discussions about Newton. Glad to hear it wasn't important to ya. :sad2:

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

All the more reason to post a good score. And all the more reason to be concerned about a poor score.

7. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Rolltide-
    Are you at any point gonna post about the game?

And did you get my response about looking at the other games?

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

has anyone seen this yet?

if not shut up and watch it. it's cool.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6LL5QqktlGM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6LL5QqktlGM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. seafandawghawk

seafandawghawk Starter

Yeah, didn't mean to hijack this thread ....

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Great video Jesse. Glad Locker is our QB. This is one of those times where you'll see me put my foot in my mouth about not finding a better option then VY.

Whether he succeeds or not he deserves a shot and he's got the weapons. Looking forward to seeing this guy play

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar