A closer look at the DE market

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'm sure they're waiting for the price to be right. I'm pretty confident that we will sign SOMEONE because we desperately need another DE on the roster (that can contribute immediately).

2. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Wimbley is no slouch in run defense. Good god did you watch a game. I think he rated out as one of the worst too if you don't trust my in game evaluation.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Abraham, Idonije or Freeney.. Give me one! Since we have minimal cap room I'm game for any of these because it won't be a big or long term deal

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Where is this coming from we don't have CAP room? We can make more than adequate CAP room by just cutting a couple of guys. They already cut Hawkins which opened up an extra mil but Washington and Amano are still on the roster.

IMO this is mroe about seeing if these guys are worth signing more than having the CAP room. I think Freeney is done and doesn't have the explosion he used to have. KVB might be as good of an option as Freeney. And you can't go by a guys age (Freeney is the youngest of the htree) you ahve to go by what the guy can still do. Idonije is the best fit IMO because we need depth as well as production and his 7.5 sacks isn't bad. He can rush the passer as well as Wimbley but play the run (alot like Morgan). He can play in the base as well as back up Morgan (something Freeney or Abraham can't). IMO why sign a guy who is no better against the run than Wimbley and not really a better pass rusher either.

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Idonije or Abraham would be good.

6. topcat986

topcat986 Starter

Have this feeling Freeney may be cooked. But if he signs with Titans oh man I want 10 sacks from him so bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar