A conditional 3rd for McNair?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wplatham, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

2. If this is true, then its great news for the Titans cause we'regonna get something out of this deal

I guess the Ravens want Mcnair quite bad....................

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I smell a rat. I mean a rumor.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

didn't it start out as a 5th - and only a 5th ?

if it's now a 4th that could escalate to a 3rd it should be done by now
    I can't see Reese waiting any longer if that's the offer

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

probably to try one last attempt at keeping him on the team.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i think Bus has made it clear that they aren't willing to accept half of what Baltimore is offering

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

baltimore is offering a fourth that would escelate to a third based on playing time. tennessee is holding out for a third that would escelate a second.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

click ^

This is a question of ratios. Tennessee doesn't have the jack :greedy: to swing this deal and McNair has an over inflated sense of his own value. What is the market going to bear for us? It doesn't fly does it? Do you know what does(do) fly? Ravens. McNair is a coconut and it looks as if he is migrating. McNair has found the market bears nice for him, and you can't blame the guy for breaking one off in us... he just wants to start. Right? We can't afford the guy anymore and sadly he's not as great as he once was in the past. He's just a big of a risk as our young draft pick, Vince Young. Over time it's really not the best thing to do. Volek didn't sell out (even though I'm not sure he could have) but I do know he tells his agent to shut his pie hole if it's warranted... Volek tells his agent what he wants and his agent gets it done. That's the way Volek keeps drew rosenhaus on the choke chain... that pig dog has lost alot of clients, hasn't he? :suspect:
    If it's coming from Bus it's coming from Steve.

Could we offer to trade McNair for Ray Lewis? hahaha

whew!!! that would be wild. posters don't like Ray.:ha:

#90 Camp Fodder

Has anyone read this in ESPN insider?

10. berkmanmvp2

berkmanmvp2 Guest

Ok, I highly doubt that Baltimore is improving its offer. I hope so, but it's doubtful at best. Right now McNair has the Titans by the proverbial hang downs!! And the Ravens do as well, unless there is some information that another team has entered the bidding. Even then, if McNair doesn't reach a deal with them (a mythical other bidder), the Titans are screwed. So Steve McNair controls this situation, completely. And if he wants to be a Raven, he will be, unless the Titans swallow all of that 23.6 million cap hit. Why would they? They can't, and even if they could, you've pissed McNair off to the point I don't think you want him.
    Unless the Ravens are desparate (and granted, I could see Billick feeling the heat pretty strong) they will just wait this out.
    I sure hope it's true, and if the Titans can get a 4th rounder, that could be upgraded to a 3rd, they should do it in a second. It would be dumber than dumb to try and hold out and end up getting nothing for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar