A conditional 3rd for McNair?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wplatham, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

yeah even though we want him and maybe can sign him with the cuts but Mac doesn't really want to be here anymore after the altercation!!

2. smili

smili Starter

I heard the 2nd rounder talked about when Pennington went down with the Jets, but not before that. Shows what a difference a year makes. Volek's stock was about as high as it ever was then coming off some huge games.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Matt Leinert would have been the #1 pick, if he would have come out, at that time too.

4. maximus

maximus Starter

I think it was 9th, the Waterboy was the 10th:winker:

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Yes, we thought Volek was worth a third. I think most people think that McNair is worth much more than Volek. I think a reasonable straight up value trade for mac would be a second, maybe with a kicker like a 4th or 5th. However, that's not what's going on. We aren't just trading mac away. He was too expensive for us to keep. He didn't want to renegotiate. We drafted our QB of the future. We played our hand, and every move decreased his trade value. Baltimore quite possibly could have had him for free in a month. To get a 4th rounder for giving him up a month early is a deal. If he was still under a reasonable contract for two more years, do you think we would have traded him for a 2nd?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar