A Couple Good Interviews

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A Fightin'Titan, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Comment from Vince during his press conference

(on Campbell Soup commercial proposal)

“I had a commitment to my teammates. We had offseason workouts and Campbell’s, and the NFL wanted me to go to Canada to shoot a commercial for a week. I felt like if my teammates are out here sweating and going through practice and the quarterback’s is not there. That is a bad example that I don’t want to put out. So I told Campbell’s and the NFL that I won’t be able to make it this year because I really felt like I needed to be there with my team. What does it look like when your quarterback is out here shooting a commercial and your teammates are out here at nine o’clock in the heat running and working out. It’s just about the whole team and you’re the only person out there. I feel like Campbell’s soup can always come but earning the respect of your team, you got to go get that.”

:thumb:

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Del Rio sounds pissed about a lot of things.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd be pissed about everything too if i looked like this

[​IMG]

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Those little kittens.

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

I love how he BS's around which jersey they use [trying to prove he's a good coach after all the piss-and-moan action] during what weather. It didn't make sense at first read. Something about they'll wear a certain jersey even if it's cold, hot, raining, sunny, and snowing out? I doubt all those things happen at once... I doubt more than three CAN happen... :rolleyes: Then he answers the next question simply. Why didn't he just say that in the first place? :hang:

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Because he is a kitty.

7. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

:yes:

8. I Wish That We Had Mjd!!!!

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Huh? You guys are sure reading a lot into what he said. Didn't get the pissed about not getting griffen part. He said the typical line about both being great athletes etc etc but i guess he could have said that nelson was their guy even if picking ahead of the titans.

I think he is tired of answering questions about the leftwich thing and frankly i think it has taken some energy from that team. Good for us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar