A future top 5 round draft pick? 17year old ricky rubio

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Michi40, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Doesn't impress me much. Looks like a young Manu Ginobli type.

3. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

4. maximus

maximus Starter

He's got some skills, but if that's all it takes to make the NBA, I've got some buddies that could make it.

How tall is he

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^exactly. I can do every thing this kid did, but it probably looks better.
    Michi- keep in mind, these are the same GMs that said Darko Millicic was worth taking over lebron.

And that's what this kid is. Another Darko.
    Cutting to the basket while a bunch of guys stand there and look at you simply isn't impressive. My local rec center plays better defense than these guys in the highlight vids. Thus the reason all he's doing is driving straight to the goal. And every now and then gives a no-look pass that any pg in the nba can do.

6. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Hes got great passing and stealing skills. He can shoot too, but thats not his role in the team, and is still getting confidence to shoot more. But he scored a last second european sub 18 championship -when he was 15- 3 point basket from mid court while spains coach was already congratulating russias coach for the win. :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGKEUfUScJw&feature=related
    He scored 55 points, 24 rebounds and 12 assist in that game

He also scored the winning basket and the kings Cup this year.

Those vids are ACB vids, this are not college or high school vids... and some eurobasket championship ones too...
    Keep in mind he was already 15-16 at the time and was playing against Juan Carlos Navarro, Calderon, Gasols Brother, and so on. You should keep the age perspective, and that this, beleive it or not, is pro level already. I doubt your local rec players have ACB level. ACB is recogniced as the second best basketball pro league, behind nba of course. I think is a nice "high school program" to learn from.

And I know it was preseason and the grizzlies are what they are, but Unicaja (ACB) won 102-99 to the grizzlies this past preseason.

BTW In this vid you can see this kid passing throught the legs of Papadopolus
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvnKmfAe-Bg

check 1' 09'' of the vid, thers that pass between Papadopolus legs

7. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

8. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Probably you will be able to see him play soon in your tv. I think he might go to the Olympics this summer.

9. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

6-3 or 6-4 dont know. 1,90 meters anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar