A glimpse of hope for Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dave Ragone QB coach -
    FINALLY this inept coaching staff is doing something right.

It drove me insane that Chris Palmer wanted to turn Jake Locker into Eli Manning & Chris Johnson into Barry Sanders. I mean sure Eli has had success, but that's mostly cause he's lucky.

Jake Locker needs to be Jake Locker and no one else, he's got the tools, so use them! same with Chris Johnson. Him getting back to his man blocking will go a long ways for the QB.

I'm not 100% sold on Loggains as the offensive coordinator, but I've always liked Ragone from the day we brought him in, dude knows his stuff, he'll help Locker more than Loggains ever could.

The trick will be Loggains play calling. IMO we're dumping all the spread stuff Palmer installed and going back to a more defined system like we had in 2008, Palmer had too much happening for a young QB to succeed. A lot of why Peyton Manning is so good is because he operates a very easy system, he only has 20 or so plays to worry about any one week.

Munchak has already said he's dumbing down the WR's options so no one is confused. I think that'll help, and now hearing Ragone say they're going to fit a system to the players, I'm happy about that. That's how is suppose to be all along, but whatever.

2013 might not be a lost season after all.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'll believe this staff can put guys in position when they show it. It's all they've talked about for the last two seasons and it hasn't happened yet.

• High Five High Five x 8
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

*glimmer

#gramnazi'd

4. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Better do it in colors and drug & street lingo so Kenny is not confused.

I can hear Locker at the line now.... "Blue Crips, Dime bag, shank shank!"

• High Five High Five x 7
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm anticipating 7 wins. Anything more and ill be thrilled.

6. pdrivetitan

pdrivetitan Practice Squad

I agree. Ragone had experience as a qb, hopefully this will give better hands on insight to locker. This offense needs to be developed around his strengths. Palmer was forcing locker into a system that didn't ideally suit him for the least.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

7 is ambitious at this stage.

Depends who we sign/draft.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

9. JCBRAVE

Where is TitansWillWin2 at? Wimps don't play with their shoulder popping out, apologize now!

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar