Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

A glimpse of hope for Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 23, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,088
    Dave Ragone QB coach -
    FINALLY this inept coaching staff is doing something right.

It drove me insane that Chris Palmer wanted to turn Jake Locker into Eli Manning & Chris Johnson into Barry Sanders. I mean sure Eli has had success, but that's mostly cause he's lucky.

Jake Locker needs to be Jake Locker and no one else, he's got the tools, so use them! same with Chris Johnson. Him getting back to his man blocking will go a long ways for the QB.

I'm not 100% sold on Loggains as the offensive coordinator, but I've always liked Ragone from the day we brought him in, dude knows his stuff, he'll help Locker more than Loggains ever could.

The trick will be Loggains play calling. IMO we're dumping all the spread stuff Palmer installed and going back to a more defined system like we had in 2008, Palmer had too much happening for a young QB to succeed. A lot of why Peyton Manning is so good is because he operates a very easy system, he only has 20 or so plays to worry about any one week.

Munchak has already said he's dumbing down the WR's options so no one is confused. I think that'll help, and now hearing Ragone say they're going to fit a system to the players, I'm happy about that. That's how is suppose to be all along, but whatever.

2013 might not be a lost season after all.
  2. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,149
    I'll believe this staff can put guys in position when they show it. It's all they've talked about for the last two seasons and it hasn't happened yet.
    ncaalover12, Bonky, griff33daddy and 5 others high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,400
    *glimmer

#gramnazi'd
  3. Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,557
    Better do it in colors and drug & street lingo so Kenny is not confused.

I can hear Locker at the line now.... "Blue Crips, Dime bag, shank shank!"
    Titans Eternal, cdubbs2121, jplusip and 4 others high five this.
  4. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,155
    I'm anticipating 7 wins. Anything more and ill be thrilled.
  5. pdrivetitan Practice Squad

Moolah:
    $72
    I agree. Ragone had experience as a qb, hopefully this will give better hands on insight to locker. This offense needs to be developed around his strengths. Palmer was forcing locker into a system that didn't ideally suit him for the least.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,400
    7 is ambitious at this stage.

Depends who we sign/draft.
    SawdustMan and nbtoppers2 high five this.
  6. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,088
    Remember some of us thought Jake's issues were related to being hurt? They were. Dude will come back and prove all you doubters wrong.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eels-good-should-be-ready-for-offseason-work/
  7. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,088
    Where is TitansWillWin2 at? Wimps don't play with their shoulder popping out, apologize now!
    Titans Eternal and GoT high five this.
  8. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,289
    Even TWW2?????

Anyway. Love the job Ragone did with the WRs. If he can do the same at QB he has a great future in coaching.