A little snarky comment from XBOX executive

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Alex1939, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugge...rsy-always-xbox-twitter-tirade-173337715.html

"Sorry, I don't get the drama around having an "always on" console. Every device now is "always on". That is the world we live in" - Adam Orth Microsoft creative director.

“Did you learn nothing from Diablo III or SimCity? You know some people’s internet goes out right?” Heir tweeted back.

“Electricity goes out too,” replied Orth, prompting Heir to point out that not everyone lives in well-connected areas.

“Try living in Janesville, WI or Blacksburg, VA,” tweeted Heir.

“Why on earth would I live there?” Orth responded.

Not a big deal? Well I've actually been on the fence about whether to go PS4 or the new XBox, but this made my decision for me. I was actually considering buying both as well.

Due to where my console is, internet connection can be spotty at times. It's mostly fine but occasionally there are interruptions. The only guaranteed fix has been to drag a wire across my house and plug in directly to the console. Obviously I don't want to do this.

So I won't even be able to play a single player game on new XBox without being constantly connected to the internet. This is all in an effort to kill the used games industry.

MSFT is screwing the pooch on this one.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

This does make my next gen decision extremely easy if this is the way Microsoft goes.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Not a big deal to me because I am always on when my Xbox is on. If I get disconnected, I don't want to play anyways.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

It's definitely a bit disappointing, but not the end of the world. Ask PC games how they feel about not having used games, you'll probably get generally positive responses. As far as having to be connected to the internet goes, that sucks, but again not a huge problem. If I'm stuck at home with no internet, I'll probably dust off the N64 or PS2 or something.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

Ask people that were playing the new Sim City how they feel about the ability to actually play their game being dependent on their internet connection and EA's servers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RTH

RTH Meh...

I only buy and play used games. Works for me, not for everyone though. I enjoy single player games as well and Time Warner sucks balls at times, so I can't count on internet all the time.

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I don't understand the purpose of it, while he may not understand the drama, what is the purpose?

If this and blocking used games are standard, count me out for that bullsh**.

8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

After Microsoft's cluster **** with the RROD, staying with Sony is outrageously easy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

gaming PC > any gaming console

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar