A look ahead at free agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Here is an early look at some names of possible FAs this offseason. Just wondered if anyone has thoughts of any FAs we should be going after.

Trey Teague - C, Bills
    Mike Vanderjagt - K, Colts
    Darren Howard - DE, Saints
    Mike Green - S, Bears
    Sam Madison - CB, Dolphins
    Ty Law - CB, Jets
    Julian Peterson - LB, 49ers
    Sebastian Janikowski - K, Raiders
    Aaron Brooks - QB, Saints
    Jamal Lewis - RB, Ravens
    Priest Holmes - RB, Chiefs

Most of these guys are not at points I would want to take them on, but a couple would get my interest. Add names or thoughts.

2. metal957

metal957 Starter

Forgot Adam Archuleta he would be a major pick up in my opinion as I see us picking him up.

3. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I've liked archuleta since a SNF/MNF game last year when he was bringing a player down, took the ball on the way down, got the ball, managed to avoid contact on the floor, and got ran it back for a TD, 70 yards or so. Jamal Lewis would be a good pickup too, IMO. He's a good enough runner for our WRs to develop without a true #1 for a year.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

what about Reggie Wayne ?

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Archuleta would do it, IMO.

We could lose Brown and have Henry and Lewis, but I bet they'd be pissed about it. That could be kind of funny. But could they resist the temptation to do their best "Blow" impersonation? I'd hate to see Nashville become a major cocaine hub because of those two.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd have to wonder if he's a clear #1, or just another #2. We don't need 4 number twos (Bennett, Wayne, Calico, Jones).

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I think Brandon Jones will be a #1 one day

maybe next year had he not got injured

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and btw, Calico isn't even a clear #3 in my book

more like a borderline #4

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

True dat about Calico. It'd be great if Jones could be a #1, but you're right, it probably won't be next year, which leaves us in the same sort of predicament.

Wonder if DMase wants out of Baltimore already. I bet he does.

10. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

Archuleta and/or J.Peterson - I'd like to see a high caliber vet added - both are sound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar