A Look at Free Agent Prospects for '07

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

While we have a lot of $$$ to throw this year (31-41 million depending on who is talking) with the increase of the TV deal I think there will be 7-8 clubs with 20 million plus to spend. We need to select carefully to build another long term winner and not get caught up in bidding wars on overpriced FA such as we have had in the past ie, Kevin Carter(I know he came in a trade but we paid way, way too much for him), any WR we have signed thus far ect. That being said I would love to see Dwight Freeney in another shade of blue if you get my meaning. That would do two things, build us up and tear down the prancing ponies.:grrhee: Also would be nice to see another good CB, and a safety that at least was in the right zip code on pass coverage.

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Javon Kearse is a no-go. Getting rid of him is one of the best deals ever made by the Titans/Oilers franchise.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Offseason needs

I thought I would save people the trouble of looking for this:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagentsDB.html

My list:

Nate Clements, CB - yeah, for sure we should do that; Assante Samuel is a UFA as well.
    Ken Hamlin, S? - Bye bye Lamont Thompson; Deon Grant from Jax as well.

Bobby Engram, Kevin Curtis - WR; just mentioning, but I would love to get Curtis' speed on this team, but Bruce doesn't have much longer to go. Though, if we lose Drew, I think doing something like this is a must.

Eric Steinback - OL Bengals - you know we're losing someone; Vincent Manuwai from Jax also comes available.

DE - Freeney (good luck to anyone who wants him); Unfortunately, Jared Allen from the Chiefs is only a after this year; Justin Smith from the Bengals I would give strong consideration. Unless we go DE in the draft. Again.

4. I like Samuel, although they say he's only good becausehe fits NE's defensive scheme well...

We should look into FS in the draft...

Engram is overated, I think we're looking to either go for a WR with our first pick or keep the guys we got, which I'd prefer...

We need an OG, and Steinback seems ideal...

DE would be a good option for the draft, (yeah I know, more de's, the fact is we need em), Gaines Adams would be a good choice...

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

how 'bout RB ?

Michael Turner is a RFA
    probably the best backup RB in the league, who would start on just about any other team

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

Everyone of us usually cite the same needs....don't we?

Oline, WR, DLine, MLB, CB opposite Pac, Safter opposite Hope....

I would like to use our first round draft pick (which I think will be between 8 and 12) and get a CB or Saftey...

I would like to sign Justin Smith (de-cincy) and A.Thomas (LB-baltimore).

7. BigRob

BigRob Guest

Eric Steinbach

Eric Steinbach is one free agent I want. He will be an upgrade at LG. He can also and has played center and left tackle. The problem is that he wants money that is comparable to Hutchison. He refused to sign an extension with the Bengals because they offered him much less than Hutchison received from the Vikings.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd still take him. Piller is clearly gone after this year. Well, he better be.

I could live with Samuel over Clements if the Buffalo fans are right about his performance dwindling (but they'll miss him) and his asking price. I'm still going to wonder about Cortland Finnegan, however. Upon further review, maybe it's Finnegan who replaces Thompson at FS after this year.

After Freeney, who will probably be retained by the Colts (unless they think they can replace him), and Kearney, who will be coming off an ACL, Justin Smith is the next best thing. However, his production is similar to what LaBoy is capable of. I can see us looking to the draft and Fisher seeing how LaBoy and Odom fare next year as well.

Adalius Thomas -- if we can fit him in, I'm for it. Sirmon, buh bye. We'd have to get him to play the middle, though, (cause I don't think Thornton is suited for it) and that would mean sitting Tulloch. Not sure if we actually do that.

Outside of Moss, Kevin Curtis is the one FA WR I would most likely bring in. Again, I can see us doing absolutely nothing here as well.

Lamont is never going to get any better. Is Ken Hamlin an upgrade?

I guess my three would be Steinbach, Clements/Samuel, and Freeney if we could get him. If not, I might go Thomas, but I don't know if they could convince him to play here, considering how often our MLB is on the field. That could change with him on the roster, but who knows?

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

At the top tender for an RFA, aren't you giving up at least one first round draft pick? No thanks.

10. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

I would look into a backup RB cause White will be the starter with Henrys bonus coming into play. I would give it all up for Freeney really. Adalius Thomas would be excellent he can be our Sean Phillips pass rush LB/S. WR I would possibly look at depends on our draft. If the Guards are too expensive I say we need to draft at least one of every positon on the oline. An elite CB is also a must

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar