A Look at Free Agent Prospects for '07

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

nickelback is different to safety.

2. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Spend the money on defense. TE is the only position on offense where a top guy would be worth it, IMO. Very few defensive guys should be assured of keeping their job. Whether they do will simply depend on what the market looks like.

Throwing money at a top WR is a waste of money, IMO. Just make sure that we can put 4 credible guys on the field at any given time. Raise the floor, not the ceiling. Young distributes the ball - he doesn't lock on to one guy.

3. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

Remember Adalius Thomas started as an RE, so we don't need to play him at linebacker at all. The problem is that he's a contender for DPOY, meaning he's going to command a bucketload of cash.

4. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

and we have a buttload of cash with less needs to fill this off-season than in years past via FA,so i think if the team is smart they will narrow it down to what we need the most in Fa,compared to what we can get in the draft.There was an article on Adalius last week on NFL.com,stated that he wants to test the waters,and we deffinately will beable to throw him that money,and if we can finish off strong and VY can keep playng at this electrifying rate,we could be a hot comdity(spl?) in FA,because of the rapid growth rate of this team,and VY is such an attraction...I would doubt it at all.

5. plato

plato Camp Fodder

FA- OL, DE, then a DB or QB..

Draft
    1st. WR. - Johnson-Jarrett- We have to at least try and get VY a weapon.
    2nd. FS/CB - Great year for FS/CB.. 10 of the top 40 prospects are DB's.
    3rd. FS/CB - Best depth at DB in years.. We need to load up..
    4th-7th OL and DL and maybe a QB..

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

my latest thought with how we could use A.Thomas is as a MLB in our regular 4-3...and a DE in our nickel...so the DE opposite of KVB would come out for nickel....

7. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

Tulloch looks alright at MLB and Thomas doesn't have many more years left in him, so I don't think we should sign Thomas to play LB at all.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think the look he would get would be DE and a moveable piece as well as backup MLB.

9. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Thomas would play DE in our defense...

10. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

Gibril Wilson wouldn't be a bad pickup at CB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar