A look at Titans' fiscal sense at WR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Not everything is as simple as a scorecard comparison with side-by-side stats. But as I watched Bernard Berrian drop a couple passes, one a relatively easy long TD, I thought it would be good to measure Berrian and Bobby Wade, the veterans who were lured to Minnesota as free agents the last few years, to Justin Gage and Justin McCareins the veterans who came to Nashville as free agents the last few years.
    Darren Sharper, who should know, said after the game that the Titans receivers are "good enough" for the team to win.
    Here's what they did in Sunday's Tennessee win over the Vikings and a look at their money.
    Player/Catches/Yards/TDs/Contract/Dollars this year
    Wade/7/75/0/5 yrs, $15M/$2M
    Berrian/5/78/0/6 yrs, $40M/$13.7M
    Totals/12/153/0/11 yrs$55M/15.7M
    Gage/5/92/0/4 yrs, $14M/$3.25M
    McCareins/3/37/0/1 yr, $.925M/$.925
    Totals/8/129/0/5 yrs/$14.925M/$4.175

More...

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I would like to think Gage/McCareins are a great value but it's far too early to know.

As for not getting value, #10 is costing the Titans a boatload for his services.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Berrian's one handed catch was nice, otherwise I am glad we didn't even look at him.

4. T Atlas

T Atlas Guest

McCariens is crap. He has been since he left us back in whenever. My dad's a big Jets fan and absolutely hates him for two TD drops back in one game.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Yeah McCariens isn't really impressing me at all. He had a good outing last week but I seem to always see him stumbling about 2 yards behind a 40 yard pass in every game. It seems like if we had a good WO with some good burst then we could be lighting up the skies with some of these KC deep balls. Gage, on the other hand, seems to be consistently good when he's healthy. Not that he's a great number 1 or anything, but I may go so far as to say he would be a decent number 2 on some squads out there, which is the best we've got really. Lavelle Hawkins please.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

His leaping catch Sunday was the best thing he's done so far this season. He doesn't appear to have the second gear he used to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar