A major problem among many for the Titans.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

I was at the Falcons vs Titans game last night and something that was a problem the last year is still a major problem this year. I noticed that when the Titans would make a significant play and a hold or a penalty was called and we were in 2nd or 3rd and long situation we simply cannot recover. There was a play last night it was 3 and 10, Volek dumps it to a WR 19 B Wade 3 yards and is tackled immediatly. We do not have the talent any where on the WR core to take a 3-5 yard pass and get much YAC Yards(at least i have not seen that kind of talent) maybe ben troupe. However, my main point is that when the Titans offense gets a penalty they cannot recover when in long yardage. On the other side of the ball The Falcons had a 2 and 20 and they made up that yardage in two plays. In other words when the Titans offense has a 2 or 3rd and long the drive is pretty much over and when our Defense has put the opposing offense 2nd and 3rd long it is not a problem to get out of it like converting a 3rd and 14 is pretty much the same as 3rd and inches. I am not sure who this is to blame Personal or Coaching my guess is some where in the middle.....

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

So far, it appears the Chow offense isn't designed to be able to deal with long yardage situations. But, in all fairness, there are few offenses which have many plays for 3rd and 24.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

A succesful offence is meant never to face longer than 3rd and 5. Playing in a Wing-T club I know the world of hurt you get into when it's 2nd or 3rd and long. You need to get yards on 1st and/or 2nd down, and NO penalties.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Everyone gets into penalty situations. Everyone gets in 3rd and Long situations. With the exception of Olson and Piller, I don't have a huge problem with the false starts. They frustrate everyone besides the other team, but they are part of the game, and every team committs them.

Like I've said MULTIPLE times, I think I'm the only one on this board who hasn't already jumped ship and thrown this season out as a wash. I'm gonna continue to wait for the regular season before I get frustrated.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You aren't the only one, you're just the only one constantly talking about it.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

*ahem*

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm still with you, Z. There are issues but I don't see anything that can't be fixed and this team get back on track.

To me, the major problem is talent and depth on the DL. Washburn has shown over the years he can get a lot out of a little there. Though I hope the team finds some help before the season begins, I think we'll see steady improvement in Mahelona who already has shown some flashes. They need Starks, Odom and LaBoy to take that next step as well.

The OL concerns me as well but I think we have talent if Fisher is willing to make the adjustments.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Kami...

I have been a believer all along. I predicted 9 wins i have not changed that prediction. The 99 titans also started the preseason at 0-3 but did manage to win the last preseason game.

This year is the opportunity for fisher to prove that he is more than just an average coach.

9. zackmann

zackmann Guest

Mike Martz, IMO, dealt with 3rd and 24 the best....but that doesn't mean I particularly like his offense...

10. rayzor2004

rayzor2004 Guest

I like your confidence Rolltide, but this should be Fisher's last chance to prove it I'm really sick of him candycoating all of his press conferences, I'd like to see him come out one time and say it like it is......"we played terrrible"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar