A Mock Titans off-season thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MikeJonesDrew, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeJonesDrew

MikeJonesDrew Special Teams Standout

Wussup fellas. I dont post here too much, as i am part of another message board. A fellow Titans fan posted this on one of the threads and i thought it was interesting.

He had similiar ideas to what i think we should and need to do, plus realistically as well.

2. MikeJonesDrew

MikeJonesDrew Special Teams Standout

The Mike Zimmer hire is what i think we should do imo. Hes a defensive minded guy, has endured big name injuries on the Bengals and they are STILL a top 10 DEF in the NFL.

I personally wanted Williams to stay as a DC or as his position right now, but if Zimmer came over , im sure hed take his fellow coaches here as well, either way, win win for either.

If not Hue Jackson, then Denvers OC is a potential candidate. Hell, anybody not from the Titans is probably a upgrade. The loyalty for our coaches in this franchise is sick, we need change.

Everybody knows we have the defense, its our offense and the prep that goes into being a team that is a problem. Munchak is a do your job, old school blue collar coach. He has a young talented team, the personality and relationship / workmanship doesnt match. Not just that, he isnt all that well rounded as a coach. Hes a positional coach and that is oline. Let him go and bring him back as a oline coach and get rid of Matthews.

As for returner, since Washington has only a few games too show out, if he does decent or fairly well i say bring him back next year to compete for that job.

Only big difference between his post and what i think, is we should keep CJ. Hue Jackson would be able to be smart enough to get CJ in the right system to get him back to being in space and not through a ground and pound scheme.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

lol you lost me at release CJ and replace him with Toby Gerhart. GTFO

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't fully understand how the NFL works with cap space like I do the NBA, but I believe we do not have the cap space for Jay Cutler. Even if Cutler doesn't go for a crazy QB contract, which he will, we still can't afford him unless he takes a major pay cut. But why would he?

Also, we MUST cut David Stewart. To start, he's been awful this year. He's also the highest paid RT and by a long shot. I respect what he's done for our franchise, but we can't tie up $6 million on Stewart.

I want CJ2K gone also, but not if our replacement plan it Toby Gerhart.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jay Cutler sucks.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

So does every other QB who's walked through the door of BSP for the past decade or so. Aside from that one all-time great one who we failed to sign.

I honestly wouldn't mind Cutler as a stopgap. I think he's a pretty good QB who gets a bad rap because of his attitude/demeanor. Sure he's not elite but I'd take him over Locker and Fitzpatrick in a heartbeat.

7. Fry

Jay Cutler is a more talented version of Ryan Fitzpatrick. Some day people will see him for what he is. A guy with a strong arm that makes awful decisions, won't work on his technique, isn't a leader and is essentially a coach killer.

Cutler will be on his third team while still being relatively healthy and young. Good QBs don't move that much if they're worth a damn.

Jay Cutler puts you in NFL purgatory.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Fry

A career passer rating of 84.4 with a high of 88.5(his rookie year). He's had one of the best WRs in the league to throw to much of his career as well. The guy is garbage.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I would enjoy having Jay Cutler for the sole reason of being able to post these

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. DaFunkYMonkeY

DaFunkYMonkeY Practice Squad

We will not be picking at 16 it will be between 11-14 still no good 1st round QB available there and with Cutler he won't even make it to FA the Bears won't let him go. We do need to cut Steward take his replacement in round 2 of the draft instead of a DE. Pick up one of the top FA DE this off season like maybe Allen from the Vikings. I do like that idea for the coaching change. Cutting/let him go Steward and Wimbley would save us enough money to sign Allen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar