A new coach for Tennessee....

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by KTOWN TITAN, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't expect anyone to top Bear Bryants. I expect people to be able to analyze a coach for how he coaches, not how well his talent does based on their talent alone.
    Truth is - Fulmer will never win anything unless he has the most talented team that year. And since everyone knows that, his talent gets a bit worse...every season.

The W-L argument reminds me of when people used it for Fisher. "He's the winningest coach since _insert year here_". Now that stat is gone. Thank god.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's not Fulmers fault. It's the rest of the SEC. Not one true leader in the conference. Tennessee is in the middle of the pact with just about every team in the conference.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

It doesn't matter to me if he wins with talent, play calling, how he runs a practice, or what color underwear he wears on gameday. If you'll recall, though, he won a national championship with Tee Martin when he couldn't with Peyton Manning and much of the same supporting cast :wink2:

Even if you get into the "what have you done for me lately" argument, UT has placed either 1st or 2nd in the SEC East 4 out of the last 5 years. I think UT fans want change for the sake of change.

4. Deuce Wayne

I could have led that team to a championship victory without Peyton there to mess it up.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Perhaps, but could you have led that 01 team to a 45-17 shellacking of UM? ;)

6. Deuce Wayne

:moon2:

7. The Playmaker

Tennesse has a pretty decent shot at the East maybe come in 2nd if Crompton plays well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

A new coach for UT: Tommy Tuberville?

All us UT fans are excited because:

1) It's been 10 years since the national championship.

2) Just like 10 years ago, no one thinks we will be very good, because we have unproven QB and other positions. (except for us diehard UT fans, and I guess Mark May)

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. The Playmaker

No!!!!!!!

10. mrredskin

mrredskin Camp Fodder

why in the world would there be an issue with jeff fisher? only one or two other coaches in the league could've gotten that team into the playoffs last year.

There was so much talk at the GA game last year that Fulmer would be let go if they lost to the Dawgs at home. Fortunately he saved his season by blowing them out in the first half. There were actually a bunch of fans around me who wouldn't have cared for UT to lose that game so long as Fulmer would be fired following the game. Bringing back Cutclife last year was a smart move, because the offense was atrocious the previous few years. Now that he's moved on, though, we'll just have to see what happens this year with Crompton at the passing helm and the former Richmond Spiders' head coach Dave Clawson there to help him out as QB coach and O-Coord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar