A New Draft Class... A New Mail Thread

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by titanbuoy, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Ryan Mouton 09 SAGE Aspire Auto
    [​IMG]
    The only signed card offered for Mouton to date... can't complain though I don't recall a year where so many of the Titans rookies had auto cards available.

and one from last year's class.

Craig Steven 08 SP Authentic 689/999
    [​IMG]
    No autos at all for Stevens last year. This is probably his best RC... I guess.
  2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Mail Call!

Javon Ringer Donruss Elite Turn of the Century auto 23/25
    [​IMG]
    The "Turn of the Century" cards are always a favourite with collectors. The name made sense when Donruss first started making the cards in 1999 (and they were numbered to 100). Now, not so much. Still a cool card though and Hey! It's #'d 23 of 25, JR's college jersey number (wonder if Nickey will get the boot so he can wear it in the pros).

Earl Campbell 09 UD Heroes Blue 43/99
    [​IMG]
    Love ya blue!

Darrelle Revis 07 Press Pass auto
    [​IMG]
    Decided to start collecting Revis. The guy is awesome and his cards are dirt cheap.

Aaron Kelly 09 Bowman Draft Auto
    [​IMG]
    Busted some packs and pulled this. I have no idea other than he played for Clemson and was drafted by the Falcons
  3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

As the season draws closer cards keep rolling in. Not buying too much, but still picking up the odd piece...

My first Dominique Edison card. Probably my only one until he makes the roster. Too many Filani, Orr etc cards in my collection to not have learned a lesson.

Dominique Edison 09 Elite Gold Status Auto 17/25
    [​IMG]
    (this guy will never make the Titans... his sig is too nice)

UD Heroes is mid-level brand featuring on card autos. Most rookies have two cards; one in home college uni and one in the road gear. I picked up the gold autographed versions of both Sen'Derrick Marks cards (only 25 of each made). When I got them in hand I realized that they were both numbered 12/25... cool.

Sen'Derrick Marks UD Heroes Gold Auto cards #131 and 132 both #'d 12/25
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    (sigs on dark backgrounds... not so good)

Last up, my favourite of the new 09 additions...

Kenny Britt 09 Classics School Colors Auto
    [​IMG]

These sweet colorful cards have been around for a fewyears but this is the first year they feature on cards sgis. Nice silver sharpie too. Although unnumbered these are a really tough pull. Ringer also has a school colors auto this year.
  4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Old scool alert!

Jim Norton 1965 Topps
    [​IMG]
    Probably the most famous of all vintage football card designs (the set that features Joe Namath's RC)... The oversized cards were often trimmed to fit in boxes with more standard sized issues. I also picked up the Charlie Hennigan 65 Topps card from the same seller, but the card was missing from the shipment. :hmm: I see a Paypal claim in my future. Fug. (I really wanted that Henni)
  5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Some new card board of a vintage era...

After a few years of coming up short I finally snagged an auto of the Oilers original QB and HOF'er George Blanda.

George Blanda 08 Press Pass Legends Auto
    [​IMG]

In keeping with the NFL commemorating the 50th anniversary of the AFL's inaugural season, Topps issues a 10 card "Flashback" insert set featuring some stars of the era. Three former Oiler greats are featured.

Blanda
    [​IMG]

Billy Cannon (1959 Heisman winner and the very first player ever drafted by the franchise)
    [​IMG]

Bill Groman (Groman is one of those guys lost in the time before the merger. In 1960 he set a record for most yards receiving as a rookie with 1,473... no rookie ever had more yards in the 14 game season era)
    [​IMG]

Damn! I love vintage football pics...
  6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

Wow those vintage cards look stunning.Very jealous.
  7. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Those vintage and Earl ones are awesome.
  8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

The Topps Flashback AFL cards are super cheap. I'm sure you can snag the whole 10 card set on ebay for a few bucks. The Oilers cards are the best looking in the set... oh, it's true.

The Campbell card is sweet. It's a blue parallel version (#'d to 99). The blue Upper Deck chose to use works well with the old Oilers jersey. There are three different Campbell cards in the set. I wanted to get the blue version of all three but was too cheap and they kept getting away from me.
  9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

This card is really special to me. A very generous friend sent it to me gratis.The scan really doesn't do it justice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

These Bowman college lettermans are really nice looking high quality cards. I also have a Britt one but can't seem to find it anywhere.

[​IMG]

Hawk played consistently well opposite DeSean Jackson in colege.Hopefully he can eventually emulate Jacksons NFL success.
  10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Awesome stuff Steve! I'm still trying to land a Ringer letter, but the guy is popular and they're pricey. His success in the preseason is only making things worse... not that I'm complaining. I definitely need to pick up at least one more nice Ringer sig. I like the DeSean/LaVelle dual.

There are a lot of fake ProLine McNair autos out there, but having become somewhat of an expert on that specific card, I can tell you that one is 100% legit. The fact that idjits are faking McNair's auto now that the prices have spiked is sucky but certainly not surprising.

Glad to see someone else posting in here. It seems we've lost a few collectors over the past year (whatever happened to vslyke?).

I picked up a couple more Britt sigs. I grabbed another school colors auto like the one above (I love those cards and it was less than five bucks... I couldn't resist). Also snagged this nice clean on card auto...

Kenny Britt 09 Press Pass Legends All Conference Auto 021/299
    [​IMG]

I also added a few more Jared Cook sigs...

Jared Cook 09 Bowman Draft Silver Auto 16/50
    [​IMG]
    (on card niceness)

Jared Cook Bowman Draft College Letter Auto 07/90
    [​IMG]

and finally a crummy SAGE sticker graph... but it's a dual with JR!

Jared Cook/Javon Ringer 09 SAGE2 Teammates Dual Auto
    [​IMG]
    As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have one of these bad boys... despite the schticker.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.