A New Draft Class... A New Mail Thread

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by titanbuoy, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I really like the design of this year's Topps football. I picked up a Titans team set on the cheap. I thought I'd just scan the whole set and post it up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Smash and Dash (or whatever they're calling themselves this week)
    [​IMG]

The rooks
    [​IMG]

The foil text doesn't show up too well in the scans unfortunately. There are sticker auto versions of the Britt, Cook and Ringer cards available in the Topps Chrome release which is live
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

When the rook sig cards come out with them in their Titans unis, I'm ready to drop some moolah.

Any recommendations as to the better auto cards for Britt and Cook?
  3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

A few other new additions have been trickling in....

Javon Ringer 09 Press Pass Legends Saturday Signatures Emerald 22/25
    [​IMG]

Earl Campbell/Chris Johnson 09 Threads Generations Dual Jersey 215/250
    [​IMG]

and a couple of Cook sigs

09 Prestige 221/399
    [​IMG]

09 Classic 207/299
    [​IMG]

D'oh! forgot to resize that last one
  4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

SP Authentic is a high quality release featuring on card sigs. That likely won't be out until December (ish). SP Authentic rookie cards carry a fairly steep price tag. (Chris Johnson's currently goes for around $70... it'd be worth more but for his crappy sig)

Here's an eBay image of an 08 SPA CJ
    [​IMG]
    (it sold for $67.95)

There are a going to be a bunch of autos offered for both Cook and Britt this season. Just search on eBay and choose the ones you like. If you're lucky you'll like something cheaper than SP Authentic.

I may as well tag on another pick up to this post

Kenny Britt 09 Topps Black 31/54
    [​IMG]

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Despite the team's horsechit start, I continue to collect. I'm a glutton for punishment.

A few new Jared Cook cards...

09 Score Inscriptions 052/299
    [​IMG]
    Other than Jared being in his Titans practice gear it's not too exciting; sticker sig... but it cost me a buck.

I already owned one of these next ones but I couldn't resist snagging this one when I saw it going for less than $5

09 Bowman Draft College Letter Auto 62/90
    [​IMG]

and my favourite...

09 Topps Chrome Red Refractor 21/25
    [​IMG]
    red... shiny...

Also picked up a Britt in the Topps Chrome

09 Topps Chrome Refractor
    [​IMG]
  6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I also had a couple of high-end pick-ups come in this week...

Dustin Keller 08 National Treasures Gold 07/25
    [​IMG]
    As good as cardboard gets for the Jets young TE. Hopefully he lives up to his early promise.

And finally...
    (drumroll please)

Chris Johnson 08 Leaf Rookies & Stars College Patch Auto 5/5
    [​IMG]
    only 5 of these beauties (matching his college number). Features rare full sig from Johnson. Yeeee haw!
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I can't believe that Panini eliminated UD, Topps, Fleer and all other comers in the nba branding. I just found out. And I'm shocked. These guys make stickers for cying out loud. I wonder what is in store for baseball and football. That's a big move. And I wonder now if those exctinct companies cards have more face value since they will not likely print anymore. Very insteresting to say the least. It looks like panini is going to try and improve the quality and legitamacy of the memorabilia too. That would be a good thing. More on card autos needed. More actual game used material is important. Hope they can do it, but I will miss UD and Topps basketball.
  8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Topps was awarded exclusivity for baseball. I hadn't heard that Panini had similarly won the rights for basketball. Don't follow basketball much, but I'm sure they'll have a premium on card auto product. I've noticed a trend back to hard sigs (which to me always seemed a certain eventuality). I've heard some decent things about Panini's willingness to listen to collectors as they try to establish themselves. Hopefully this means they’ll make more of an effort to obtain hard sigs,
  9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Players Inc. decided not to re-up with Topps, so after 54 years of Topps football cards the 2009 release will be the final edition. I'm a big fan of the Topps base product. I'm pretty bummed by the whole thing. I have every Topps team set in Oilers/Titans franchise history (I'm actually missing one card from 72's pesky high numbered set).
  10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Haven't bought much lately... picked up a few though

Some vintage

79 Topps NFL Leaders w/ Payton/Campbell
    [​IMG]
    (minty fresh condition for a card 30 years old... too bad I've never heard of either player on the card)

Jared Cook 09 Leaf Certified auto 289/299
    [​IMG]
    (earth to Jared...)

Vince Young 06Press Pass Silver Auto 097/200
    [​IMG]
    (18 bucks for a VY sig... couldn't resist)

Kenny Britt 09 Topps Rookie Premier Auto
    [​IMG]
    (with Topps losing their NFLPA license this will be the last year of these... I'll miss 'em)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.