A new strategy, trade down!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it can't get worse if the veterans aren't worth spit.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

but that LB group was the strength of the defense heading into last offseason - remember. that was everyone's argument who was against the DJ pick.

I do not believe that this went from a competent - no worries group .... to not being worth spit

let me make this clear as mud .....
    no rookie LB will be able to come in here and improve a unit that has been together for several years

3. Fry

i was one of the ones who wanted DJ and dansby the year before that.

you must have watched different defense than i did. all of that chemistry we had allowed 170 yards rushing in two straight games. then after that, we allowed labrandon toefield to have his first 100 yard game in his three year career.

but no worries, because we have chemistry.

4. Fry

and two of the three guys we have in there are so solid, they might not be back next season.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Lofa Tatupu and LeRoy Hill??

Actually, our run defense, defense in general is going to suck as long as we have Schwartz running the show.

6. h4t

h4t Starter

I'm with Puck here. I'm getting tired of the constant infatuation with Hawk. There is not a ghost of a chance in hell that we will trade down to get Hawk, so why the fascination? As long as Reese is in charge here we will not pick a LB high in the draft. Does no one remember his well stated philosophy that he gave last year. He just doesn't think LB's are worth high draft picks. Last year one of the highest rated players on the Titans board was Derrick Johnson. If he didn't pick him last year, he is not going to pick Hawk this year. Most teams are lucky to get a once in a football generation chance to pick a franchise QB. This is our chance, and we are not going to be dumb enough not to take it, or we will risk staying a mediocre team for years after McNair retires. The football gods seem to be smiling on us again. If we trade down, we will be spitting in their face. We don't need more draft picks, we already have too many young players. We need free agents and some difference makers, not 13 more draft picks.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

BigTit, you either have selective hearing or creative hearing

I said heading into last offseason
    not heading into this offseason

quit trying to twist the words around to support your theory

they might have sucked last year, but we had no worries heading into the '05 draft

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

granted

but that doesn't justify passing on a franchise QB in the 1st round for a LB

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i keep saying that but some people just won't realize that reality

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that's what I call hitting the nail square on the head

I could not agree with this post more

we need to add Veteran help to the LB corps
    not alot of rookies that will be subjected to Die Schwartzie's suckness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar