A new strategy, trade down!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

like i said, i wasnt happy with our linebackers going into last years draft either. and i wouldnt say not having an established starter in the middle and someone with average athletic ability coming off of an acl injury is "no worries."

2. Fry

i dont know how you've gotten the idea that i want us to trade down for hawk, i havent said that once in this thread. im with you, i want vince.

what i said was, linebacker is more of a concern than safety, and i'll stand by that.

i want vince in the first, BUT if NO takes vince i want to trade down for hawk. i know it's a pipe dream because reese doesnt like taking linebackers in the first round.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you just seem to be pushing the Hawk thing a tad strong. and you wanted DJ last year. ...... 2+2
    ok, I'll call it a draw - they both need to be addressed. considering LB is a deeper group in this draft than Safety, my guess is that we'll look at Safety first
    NO won't take Vince, imo. they'll take Leinart

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

very good

i believe you can adjust your sig then

I'll give you $20 if we draft Hawk from any position within the Top 5

5. Fry

it's the ohio state bias. i've watched him all year and know what he can do.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

he didn't look all that hot against ND in the Fiesta Bowl to me

did I miss something ?

7. Fry

" Hawk, Ohio State's Lombardi Award-winning linebacker and the game's defensive MVP, sacked his girlfriend's brother, Quinn, twice. Hawk also ran down Quinn to stop a third-down play early in the fourth quarter."

also had a handful of tackles, although they dont keep track of them.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?confId=&gameId=260020194

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

thats funny, I was just perusing the Google for the recap

thats all it has to say about Hawk
    was that he sacked Quinn twice

i rememeber both of those
    one was a coverage sack
    and the other (i think) Quinn ran right into him and laid down

just kidding

my point is .... he wasn't dominant

someone will overpay him, imo

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

how you like Troy Smith ?

man, if he was coming out this year, I'd pull the trigger

Smith impressed me big time in that game

10. Fry

they've started to use a lot more shotgun because of his ability to run and their speed at WR. i think he has more arm strength than vince and leinart, but he's only 6 feet tall. he also throws a nice deep ball and he really started to come into his own in the middle of the season.

i think if he wasnt suspended for the first game of the season and he started the entire texas @ OSU game, OSU would have won.

he's turned his life around. has about the same background as vince. grew up in the ghetto and used football to turn things around. what some people dont know is he also has somewhat of a relationship with mcnair. he attended mac's passing camp along with vince.

personally, i think he is a better passer than vince, but vince is a better player(if that makes any sense). i dont know if he's a first rounder. i put him in the same category with omar jacobs and brody croyle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar