A picture is worth 1000 words

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If attempting to be a leader and motivate your teammates to win a critical game means you're boorish, then I wish the Titans had the most boorish quarterback in league history.

Again, you are making the massive mistake of equating Young's immature temper tantrum with Brady's calculated efforts to motivate his teammates. They could not be more dissimilar.

Brady leads. Young runs away.

Recognizing how good Brady is doesn't make me less of a Titans fan. I just want what's best for the Titans, and I believe the best to be a quarterback other than Vince Young. You don't know what you're going to get when you draft a quarterback. Maybe you'll get a Brady and maybe not. Since we know what we have in Vince Young and it's not good, I'm an advocate of taking a shot at getting a Brady.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Never said he was. Thing is, we don't need a top 5 QB to win games. We do need Vince to win games though.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

First and foremost, you are a noob, so you don't have benefit of knowledge of my feverent support of VY over the years. Even earlier this year up until his meltdown I really believed that he had turned the corner and got past his troubles. I thought he had proven me correct. Now, I'll admit, with each successive episode my baseline support has eroded. Honestly though, his reaction to the adversity he was handed really just convinced me that those who rushed to judgement initially were right all along. I see very little difference in the way he conducted himself during and after the Redskins game and his actions during and after the Jaguars game, week 1 of the 2008 season. What I conclude from that is he has not gone through the maturation process and has not grown into what I previously believed he had the potential to become. The main difference is this is year 5 and somewhere I have to draw a line. 5 years is too long to be experiencing these types of growing pains. The man obviously lacks the mental fortitude required to be a success at the quarterback position.

Now, you say that in the last two years we are 12-6 in games that VY has started and 1-10 in games he hasn't started. In two years there are potentially 32 regular season starts. Since the sum of your totals is 29 I assume you are referring to this past season so far and last season as there are 3 games remaining. Last year was rough. Collins was bad. Hindsight 20/20, there's a good chance VY would have pulled the team out of that early slump. Even got to 3-3. That's on Fisher. I think he was playing the wrong guy then. Then again, you have to see it through Fisher's eyes. He just got to 13-3 with Collins. VY might have been their best chance to win there.

4. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

I guess you aren't old enough to remember when Dan Reeves coached the Broncos and John Elway?

Do you remember Jimmy Johnson and Dan Marino...
    "(Expletive) you. It's your team. Do whatever the (expletive) you want."

If you don't remember Reeves and Elway you sure as hell don't remember McMahon and Ditka. They yelled and shouted at each other on the sidelines.

Bradshaw never got along with Chuck Noll. If you ask me Bradshaw and Vince are alike in a LOT of ways

How about Keyshwan Johnson and John Gruden? Steve Mariucci and Terrell Owens?

Seriously... how old are you? How long have you watched the NFL?

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

I think you seriously underestimate how much support Vince has on this team. This team didn't just implode for two weeks because some QB nobody cares about got benched.

The talent on this team believes in Young.

6. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

I can do that too

7. The Toddster

The Toddster New Guy from Lurkerville

Of course Fisher will keep talking about Vince. The team sucks, and the coach is blabbing on and on about VY. Anything to divert the blame to someone other than himself.

But let Vince come out and defend himself, and we'll hear about how he's got no respect for the coach, and he's so immature, and how he should just keep his mouth shut.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Jay was a water carrying VY sherpa. I try to be for whoever is playing, but somewhere along the line I became failry ambolivent towards VY and his antics. Not against him just willing to tolerate him while winning. Back too point Jay speaks the truth about his position towards VY.

And Tex-Titan you are correct, but a common denominator with those water/oil mixtures was winning. Without the winning it just turns ugly

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If there's one thing a Vols fan knows it's being mediocre. And if you think Eddie was mediocre you obviously never saw him play.

I'm officially retiring from reply to any "VY just wins" template responses like this. Why? Because there's no thought put into it, it's generic, and quite frankly VY homers like this aren't worth my time. I also don't remember Peyton ever walking out on a team and then "texting" his apology. Besides, if Vince shouldn't have anything to be sorry for why's he apologizing?

No, I wanted him fired. I know it's hard but try to keep up.

10. The Toddster

The Toddster New Guy from Lurkerville

OK, Kerry had one good season once. He followed it up with an 0-6 start and who came in to salvage the season?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar