A post not about Pacman. Drew v. Wade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Feb 25, 2007.

?
  1. Keep Drew, let Wade go.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. Keep Wade, let Drew go.

22 vote(s)
    53.7%
  3. Try to keep both.

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  4. Neither are that important.

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

i saw on SI's rumor mill where Brandon Stokely might be released

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

according to some Colts fans on another board, it already happened

3. DJB

DJB Starter

Stokley and Curtis are better WRs than Bennett?

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

IMO Stokely is more reliable than Bennett.. just been overshadowed by Harrison and Wayne up at Indy

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Stockley more reliable than bennett?

He is one of the most injury prone WR in the league. In his career he has averaged only 25 catches a season. Bennett has averaged 45 catches per. How could anyone in their wildest imagination consider stokely more reliable?

He had 8 catches for the colts this year! 8! How is that reliable?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd rather get Keenan McCardell for a year.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

more reliable in the sense that he'll catch the ball when the pressure is on..

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2005 rookies..

Starkiller is right there were 11 Wrs taken in the first 2 rounds in 2005 and the results are different. The top ten picks from braylon edwards to terrence murphy averaged 27 catches for 356 yards as rookies and only murphy had fewer than 15 catches.

However not one of those top 10 Wr picks in 05 produced 600 yards much less 700. Braylon edward's 512 yards was the most in the group.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We don't need a Wide Receiver to replicate Bennetts numbers. Brandon Jones can do that.

The rookie can replicate Jones numbers.

10. Here me Out

Bennet is great #2 guy who for the most part catches the rock.I don't understand why some people are B*tchin about dropped passes,it happens even to the best.Obviously in crucial situation it gets magnafied but no one is perfect.Harrison had 5 drops,C Johnson had 5,Steve Smith 10(In only 14 games),D.Driver 8,R.Wayne 8.Now granted all these receivers had more receiving yards and receptions then Bennett so the math doesn't really play into Drew's favor but a drop is a drop.I think as fans in my opinion, who watch every game we witness everything espically on critical downs and we remember it espically if we lose.Now think about the fans of the other team that witness the same thing when their players drop passes.Now i was a little surprised at some of the numbers of the other WR's myself when i looked them up but do you think that the AVERAGE fan thinks Drew drops alot of passes?For the majority of them they think hes a quality #2 player that has "deceptive Speed".I love when anlyst write that about him.We all know Drew isn't runnin away from anyone... :spud:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar