A Public Service Announcement from Broken Record

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Broken Record, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

when i quit dipping i think i went through about 3 bags of sunflower seeds a day for 4 months. :ha: and i was only at it for 8 years. congrats.
  2. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

congrats BK, happy for the good news.
  3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Good luck in staying away from that stuff. I have lots of friend's who are going down the same path, and they know better :sad2:
  4. congrats man, ur gonna have a lot healthier and cleaner life
  5. Yvette

Yvette Starter

I smoked off and on for 23 years until I had a bad chest xray two years ago. When I was shown a 13 mm spot on my right lung, I quit that moment. The following week, after having a CT scan, there was nothing.

Congrats A.D., Broken Record, and welcome to the exclusive second chance club :)
  6. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

welcome to the club............literally
  7. Mac Attack

Mac Attack Guest

Nicotine addiction is 99% psycholgical. It's one of the easiest habits to quit if you put yourself in the right mind frame.

I smoked a pack a day for 15 years. I was a confirmed smoker. All my friends said, "he's one guy who will never quit".

I tried Zyban, the poatch, cold turkey...I failed miserably. Then I read a book , The "easy way to quit smoking" by Allen Carr. It attacks the psychology of your addiction.

I have been smoke free for one year. I have no cravings. I have no desire. It's been easy.

The physical addiction of nicotine is a joke. The physical withdsrawal is a mild empty feeling in the pit of your stomach which lasts for 2-3 days. It's so light you're barely cognisant of it. After that there is no physical withdrawal. It's all in your head.

Youn need to do 2 things:

1. Resolve to your self that you will NEVER use nicotine again. Do not leave your mind open even a crack.

2. CELEBRATE. Do not think of it as hard or difficult and do not be intimidated by it.

It's ALL IN YOUR HEAD. Read that book.
  8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Thanks to everyone for the support and congratulations. I'm on day 10 now and I'm already noticing more energy, + I'm able to taste and smell things better. Craves are getting less. Everything is lookin' good. I always thought quitting would be impossible, but with a little resolve (not to mention having the sh*t scrared out of me with the cancer thing) it hasn't been too bad.
  9. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

Great news, Brad!
    So, now that you're not gonna be pushing up daisies anytime soon, are you planning on joining the digital audio revolution? ;)
  10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Most definitely. July 4th I'm coming into a little extra cash and I'm making the jump!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.