A quieted FA stance by the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

Earlier this year we might have been able too. However, I believe a second for Volek might have been more reasonable to earlier this year.

2. metal957

metal957 Starter

When we do selct a QB with the 3rd pick pick we will trade Volek for a 3rd round pick

3. I feel that is what will happen too and i'm all for it

4. titanfan53

titanfan53 put me in coach

new here but i feel he will be traded also even though he was pretty solid for us at back up

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Tell me what player we could possibly draft in the 3rd round that is more valuable to us than Volek. That would be a dumb move with Steve moving out the door and Mauck not showing anything to indicate he can be a reliable backup.

6. If we draft a QB at #3 overall, then a 3rd round pick would be much more valuable to us over the next 4 years than Volek would be.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'd be thrilled getting a 4th for Volek. If Farve decides to hang it up then the Packers are really going to be looking for a vet to compete with Rodgers because currently they are the only 2 QBs on the roster since they lost Nall to buffalo. GB also needs interior line help as well so maybe we could throw in Pillar and get them to give us their high 3rd.

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

If we draft a QB at 3. He'll be second string. Then Volek certainly wouldn't be happy and would force a trade anyways so why not do it draft day for a third rounder?

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

So all of you people (not me) that are saying Young will not be ready to start for two years. Steve is not going to be around that long, and it is likely that he gets injured this coming season at some point. If Volek isn't there, are you suggesting we start Mauck or throw the rookie into the fire ?

10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'm not saying he won't be ready in two years. I think he'd be ready after one year, or atleast we should let him start.

Volek already was talking about a trade this past season. So you think he'd be happier third string? Trade him for a third since we don't have one. Pick up a quality O-lineman which is a need. I'd much rather lose Volek and pickup a quality player in the third, then keep Volek and fish for gem in the 6th and 7th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar