A slightly new strategy for this team

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Keeferdog, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

As Albert begins testing the the free agent market, I'm thinking we most likely will lose him to the highest bidder. Oh well. I agree with many posters on here that we can compensate for his loss with much more blitzing this year. It seems like we have barely blitzed the last few years. Actually, I know we have barely blitzed and it has worked for us but who's to say we wouldn't have been more successful with more blitzing. It seemed to work well for us in the past.

Another reason for hope is Jason Jones. I'm hoping he is somewhat close to the player he was in the Pittsburgh game and if he is then we should be alright. I would love to see us pick up another stud CB to go along with Finnegan and then this plan of more blitzing would be even more effective.

These new strategies might not be the only changes for this team. Maybe with the money saved from not signing AH, we could add Boldin to this roster. If we can add him through trade then maybe we could get that top flight corner in the first round. My buddy seems to think that Alphonso Smith from Wake Forest would be an extremely valuable addition to any nfl team.

These are some changes I'd like to see this organization make. However, they always seem to know more than I do so I'll trust their judgement. Man, I sure would finally like to get that Super Bowl Championship. I'm beginning to think we might be like the Chicago Cubs and it will never happen. Just kidding guys.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the new strategy better be to score a lot more point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Smith is who I want first round, without a doubt...unless heyward-bey is available.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

sean smith?

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Not sue know why Boldin keeps getting brought up around here. Titans obviously don't value name WRs the way their fans do so the thought of the team ponying up for a Boldin trade seems pretty ludicrous.
    Losing Albert hurts but one could make the argument that roster depth trumps overpaying one guy. We'll see soon enough if he lands on a lesser defense and buckles without the support...

6. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

this is my theory: I think our front office has a very good idea of what the market will offer haynesworth and I bet it's not as high was big al wants. I think our plan is for albert to see what the market offers then offer him slightly more than the market which still won't be what he wants right now. I'm HOPING i'm right. I really don't want to think of this defense without albert.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

alfonso smith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar