A Tribute to #9

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Today marks the four-year anniversary of the murder of Steve McNair.

Strange, but I can't remember his birthday when people should really think about him but, because it happened on a July 4, I'll never forget it.

Attached Files:

• High Five High Five x 14
  2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

RIP Steve ... You gave me some great memories in your days as a Titan and will always be one of my top Titan players ever.

I was 9 years old when the Titans came to TN, and #9 was really the 1st player that I ever really loved and is a big part of what turned me into the Titans/NFL fan that I am today 15 years later.

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I have to confess this crappy anniversary slipped my mind today... and now I find myself getting a little choked thinking about it. Steve was far from perfect, but there was much to admire about him both as a player and a person. He'll always hold a special place in my heart.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Died way too young. RIP McNair

5. Barnybyrd

Barnybyrd Starter

A valentines baby, Feb 14

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I keep very little memorabilia. But I still have this copy of SI which he graced the cover of:

[​IMG]

7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Steve McNair, Eddie George, Frank Wycheck, The Freak, Bruce Mathews...they all turned me into a Titans fan. Hell, didn't hardly ever watch NFL until Titans came along. They made me the fan I am today. Will miss #9, always be a Titan in my mind.

8. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Great post. And bring back that uniform to Nashville!

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Still can't believe my favorite player of all time is gone.

Today is my Birthday and the 4th of July will always hold a place in my heart for Steve McNair.. Favorite player passes on my Birthday :(

RIP Steve McNair..

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I remember the day I found out vividly. I was working night crew in the Marines at the time and was sleeping fairly late when my dad called. He told me I should sit down because he had some bad news. My first thought was that a family member had died and then he told me McNair was murdered. I got so pissed at him for making it sound like a love one had died haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar