Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

A Tribute to #9

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 4, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $9,783
    Today marks the four-year anniversary of the murder of Steve McNair.

Strange, but I can't remember his birthday when people should really think about him but, because it happened on a July 4, I'll never forget it.

Attached Files:

1. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $534
    RIP Steve ... You gave me some great memories in your days as a Titan and will always be one of my top Titan players ever.

I was 9 years old when the Titans came to TN, and #9 was really the 1st player that I ever really loved and is a big part of what turned me into the Titans/NFL fan that I am today 15 years later.
  2. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $588
    I have to confess this crappy anniversary slipped my mind today... and now I find myself getting a little choked thinking about it. Steve was far from perfect, but there was much to admire about him both as a player and a person. He'll always hold a special place in my heart.

[IMG]
    GoT high fives this.
  3. memphis_raven Starter

Moolah:
    $579
    Died way too young. RIP McNair
  4. Barnybyrd Starter

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $150
    A valentines baby, Feb 14
    GoT and TitanJeff high five this.
  5. The Hammer I already got half a buzz on

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $11,009
    I keep very little memorabilia. But I still have this copy of SI which he graced the cover of:

[IMG]
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,359
    Steve McNair, Eddie George, Frank Wycheck, The Freak, Bruce Mathews...they all turned me into a Titans fan. Hell, didn't hardly ever watch NFL until Titans came along. They made me the fan I am today. Will miss #9, always be a Titan in my mind.
    titan520 high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,359
    Great post. And bring back that uniform to Nashville!
    The Hammer high fives this.
  6. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $22,230
    Still can't believe my favorite player of all time is gone.

Today is my Birthday and the 4th of July will always hold a place in my heart for Steve McNair.. Favorite player passes on my Birthday :(

RIP Steve McNair..
    TitanJeff and The Hammer high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $297
    I remember the day I found out vividly. I was working night crew in the Marines at the time and was sleeping fairly late when my dad called. He told me I should sit down because he had some bad news. My first thought was that a family member had died and then he told me McNair was murdered. I got so pissed at him for making it sound like a love one had died haha.
    GoT high fives this.