A Tribute to #9

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

ditto here

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

#9 Got me me hooked on the Titans. I always felt like we had a chance no matter the score when he was in the game.

There was way too many oddities in his case for it to have been closed that quick.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I honestly did not pay much attention too the sorid details of his 'murder'

I loved McMVP the QB. I heard rumors from dubious sources while he was playing and after about his running around. So when he wound up dead under mysterious circumstances I was not shocked. Was not happy, but wasnt shocked.

I hate that it happened too him though

4. netnut

netnut Starter

Steve Thanks 4 The Memoirs;-))

5. NcTitans_fan

NcTitans_fan Starter

Mac9 really showed me really what a Qb can be for a team...That overall team leader not just for offense but for the whole team and community. He was my first football jersey and I still have it to this day...its a beautiful Tennessee Oilers Mcnair jersery a beautiful shade of light blue.

R.I.P Steve Air Mcnair

6. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Does anyone else remember how he used to say "hut.... .hut! It was a very distinct way he said it (or yelled it). Also remember the big run he had in the AFC Championship game in Jacksonville (still watch it on DVD). So many memories.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Omg, thinking about that just brought me way back. R.I.P Steve. His cadence was so unique.

8. goldmember

goldmember Starter

I was a Miami Dolphins fan from 1971-1988ish,after that I gave up on NFL football for a few years. I lived in Memphis and heard we had a team but that team was moving to Nashville,so I said F'um. Well I watched while in a Memphis bar after they moved a few games and became a Titans fan to this day. Steve was NO Marino(best ever,IMO) but he had a massive heart and was a true game day warrior along with the O and D line play and being a Gator by birth(and still am) to see the havoc "the freak" could bring it was a team I have rooted for to this day. I have been to games at LP and Jax and enjoyed almost every game even while sitting with 50 toothless hags fans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont think there are really that many oddities, but even if there are, it is pretty obvious that he was a pretty crappy husband. Loved him as a player, and he certainly didnt deserve what happened to him at all, but pretty obvious he wasnt really a role model type of person.

10. goldmember

goldmember Starter

I guess the term "role model" is subjective,I don't look at f'in around as the determining factor as there are far too many other areas that I look at. You result may and do vary.lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar