A Tribute to #9

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I loved him as a player, dont get me wrong. And I am not trying to make him out to be Aaron Hernandez either, but he should have gotten a divorce. He was cheating on his wife, had this obviously mentally unstable young girl thinking she had a legit chance with him, not exactly a stand up guy. Again, he didnt deserve what happened to him at all, but hard to argue he was any sort of stand up guy.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I disliked Steve as a player and only what I knew of him as a person-- but I only knew the stories that came up.

It truly sucks the way he went out though. I think he had a lot of positives along with his baggage, and it's unfortunate he didn't get the time to iron it all out before some crazy b*tch decided his/their fate.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Yeah, I actually went to school with his wife. I didnt really know her, but did meet her a couple of times, but she was friends with a good friend of mine who was in Belmont's nursing program, and based on what his wife would tell her, he was lacking as a husband to say the least. I also saw him in the airport with the girl that killed him. At the time, I didnt think anything of it, just thought it was cool to see Steve walking by and thought it could be a publicist or what not. THen the Tmz vacation pictures came out after the murder, and I was a little taken aback, because I am almost positive that was the vacation they were coming back from.

4. goldmember

goldmember Starter

I know plenty of guys that have never seen their fathers and never received a dime and I feel for those but for a guy that did as many positive things as Steve did over the years(and who knows what his wife did as well) I don't get stuck on the fact that he was sometimes let by his pen!s. Not a big deal.

5. goldmember

goldmember Starter

Basing something on what a wife says is useless,yep I've seen and heard that garbage dozens of times and it's not often reliable. Sorry if some don't get that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Yeah, she was full of crap and he was a great husband who got killed by a completely random girl, not his on the side lover. Give me a break, how could you possibly argue that at this point. Grow up.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Wow. Grow up. It is not debatable that Steve was a philanderer, not debatable at all, to blame that on his wife. is just stupid, just stupid. Dont know you or of if you are married or girlfriend or what not, but use the excuse that you are being lead by your penis and see how well they take it.
    Basically, if you financially supply for your kids, thats cool with you yes? But, putting yourself in a situation where you are cheating on your wife with an unstable girl who kills you, and the kids still grow up fatherless, is a-ok in your book? Join the real world.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Dude, it is obvious he was cheating, what are you not getting? Good lord if you dont get it then you are simply clueless.

9. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

I thought this was a tribute thread?

• High Five High Five x 5
  10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Just want to mention that Steve did a lot of charitable work in Middle TN. People in the community loved him for it. He was one of those athletes that went above and beyond in being part of the community and helping the less fortunate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar