a truck for Albert

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

No need to justify his choice, but there is an obvious need to justify his right to choose. This still is, for the time being anyways, a free country. Live your life how you wish, within the laws of course, and allow me and eveyone else the same option. Some on this board waste a lot of mental energy on what others are doing.

2. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

more like...a truck for Bud Adams

3. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

He should be able to buy it. Everyone who wants one should be allowed to buy it. I'm just saying you are an *** if you drive that truck. You also feel small and need something stupid like that to build yourself up. I love the right to choose. There are many laws I would like wiped off the books since they interfere with my right to choose. This entire country waste energy worrying about what others are doing. Being election season we are now witness to this more than ever.

4. Big TT

I suppose a case could be made that some "build" themselves up by purchases, while others it seems "build" themselves up by putting down others choices.:grrhee:

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Basically, people have the right to be douche bags. Here's to you, hummer drivers!

6. Big TT

I rest my case.:grrhee:

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

do you think my local utility board would be ok with a facet that ran continuously for some stupid purpose like turning a water wheel to generate electricity to power my bug zapper? before the water ran off into a creek? I mean... it's a free country... it's my money. Can't I spend it however I like?

8. Big TT

See previous post.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The earlier post that pertained to what's lawful? I have no idea if a DIY hydroelectric bug zapper is unlawful but I imagine that if my household starting using as much water as say... Bowater Incorporated... I'm quite sure someone would be at my door asking me just what in the hell is going on.

I'm not making a poke at Albert. I honestly think it's on the automakers for making such wasteful passenger vehicle. I think that as a model it's perfectly fine to have a F-650 or F-750 for a construction company that needs a dump truck or the fire and rescue that needs an equipment rig. I'm just glad that there are not more morons running around buying these things up just so they can "express themselves".

Oddly I have more of a problem with the Hummers than the gigantic F-Series. The Hummer is significantly more affordable for the tool that has it all. It takes a lot more coin to get something custom like what Albert has. I see more and more Hummers all the time. They are very popular among all the right wing aristocratic douches that live on the mountains that surround Chattanooga.

I think that it is irresponsible of industry to put out a car that consumes such a gross amount of energy and creates so much waste. I see the need for more strict government regulations pertaining to fuel efficiency on production cars. A person who chooses to buy a custom car that is rated for industry should have to pay a heavy environmental tax. This would be a luxury tax of sorts. It would make a F-850 for commuting to work a much more unattractive option.

I am also in favor of revising the tax incentives that make heavy vehicles more affordable. That tax incentive should be exclusive to agricultural and industrial applications as it was first intended. A farm bill should not make a hummer passenger vehicle within easier reach of the upper middle class soccer mom.

I realize that such a financial hurdle will not stand in the way of some people and I understand that it would harm a segment of small business. Customizers will still be able to make a living working on vehicles aside from the mega F-Series. I never hear hunters complain about permitting fees that go to wildlife management especially considering regulated hunting is actually good for the ecosystem.

10. Big TT

The point is who gets to decide whom gets what? AlGore, no thanks. It's the slippery slope argument with me, if the Govt. or the thought/treehugger police get to decide then next might be how big a house you can buy/build, or just how much $$$ should you be allowed to make. Bad places to go in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar