Aaron Rodgers or VY?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 23, 2010.

?
  1. Aaron Rodgers

120 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. Vince Young

16 vote(s)
    11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I played against Tim Tebow in high school(really), so I know everything there is to know about football. :rolleyes: And touching him made me a better person.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:ha:

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Thanks Alex.

To Bigtitan...I guess you can attack my credibility...yea...

Instead of debate...which is what I've been doing...

Did you play college? Because you learn a lot about football in college. And to anybody who doesn't think football is complicated you obviously don't know football. It's one of the most complex sports out there. Football is a chess game.

Your credibility comes from??

But with that said...there's some people who haven't played...or played at a lower level who just get the sport...but talk football...don't repeat talking points

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

no

Yes it's a complex sport. Is complex compared to being an accountant, owning a business, stock broker? Is the pressure more than being a heart surgeon?

Let's not make it out to be more than it is.

I have none. Neither do you. Spouting off "I played college football so shut up and listen to me because my opinion means more than yours" doesn't help your cause.

Well I guess every analyst on ESPN that played or coached college football is a genius?

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I would like to know where CJtheBeast played college football at, what position he played, how often he played, etc.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

This is getting way too personal.

Brain surgery, and owning a business have absolutely nothing to do with playing football. I do own a business too though.

I'm not going to disclose personal info. Played NAIA though. Made it to the national quarters, and semis. Played RB, FB, and slot receiver. Had some D-IAA offers but passed for a better academic program and a shot at a championship. Never redshirted, played some my sophomor and junior year and had a groin injury put me out my senior season.

Where'd you play Ravenshallburn since we're getting personal?

I'm not saying my opinion matters and no one elses does...I'm saying debate instead of beating around the bush...

like you guys are doing right now.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Never said I did play (in college)... I am still in college, by the way.

You just seem to think you're the most knowledgeable person on the forums due to having played college football... since that means everything. :rolleyes:

One of my best friends is currently playing football for Mississippi State... he never ignores my input. In fact, he won't hesitate to admit that I know just as much (if not more) about the game of football (NFL) than he does. Knowing who the best players are (Rodgers clearly the better player than VY) has absolutely nothing to do with how much football you've played or at what level you've played. He would whoop my butt in a game of football, as I suspect you would too (unless you're a lineman). That doesn't mean I don't know more about the NFL and the players than you and he do.

I notice you didn't answer my question. Not surprising. I figured you'd want to show off to everyone here where you played. Hell, it may turn out that you were a great football player for your school. That still doesn't change the fact that you are utterly mistaken on your view of Aaron Rodgers vs. Vince Young.

The entire premise of this thread has absolutely nothing to do with playing football. It's a simple question: "Aaron Rodgers or Vince Young: who's better?"

You have failed to answer that question, correctly, that is. This isn't even an opinionated question. Aaron Rodgers is a better quarterback than Vince Young. Fact. Get over it.

Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson did. I guess they'll be first ballet Hall of Famers too, right? They're better than Marino because the have a ring. Am I correct?

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Who has a better winning percentage?

Aaron Rodgers is 26-22 while starting. He's beaten 5 teams with a winning record and played poorly against them.

And Rodgers is a top 5 QB?

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

You typed all of that simply to say Aaron Rodgers is a better QB...fact?

How bout you put some facts into your argument instead of going on and on about where I played, and how you know which players are good. That has nothing to do with understanding how a QB is reading the defense or understanding when an interception is the result of a great defensive play, or lack of effort by the WR, or maybe a disguised coverage.

VY has a better winning percentage. This year he would've had a better passer rating. He had a better TD to INT rating. Vince Young was a better QB this year. The only thing he lacked was number of attempts. But when you have a dynamic QB like VY you don't always have to have great stats....you simply need to win and put up points. Which, with VY at the helm we had the highest scoring offense as well.

Those are facts my friend...not my opinion.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yes.

Take all of the numbers out of it. Don't bother looking at the stats or the records. Just watch the two of them play. One of them looks like a pro quarterback and the other one doesn't.

VY can do two things; throw deep and run. Rodgers can do both of those and a lot more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar