Aaron Rodgers or VY?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 23, 2010.

?
  1. Aaron Rodgers

120 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. Vince Young

16 vote(s)
    11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He does have the 4th highest QB rating in the league. Vince Young's was higher before the Sh** hit the fan. VY also played with inferior receivers. People seem to forget VY has only played a few games with Britt. He put his numbers up with Washington as his #1.

Snort PCP...again personal attacks instead of quoting facts or statistics.

Your saying Rodgers line is garbage? They're far from garbage.

I played college ball...did you? Why do you keep bringing it up now? Jealous or just need something to complain about? No matter what you do, you'll never be a football player, you'll just be a dude posting on some internet board, THINKING that you know the game when all you do is watch it on TV.

That's the reality.

I'm done arguing with you. Keep your opinion. Rodgers isn't coming here and Young will be back next year. And you'll always suck at football.

You want to attack me because I played college ball...I'll attack you because you suck. You think Rodgers is better than Young...fine...but you probably still suck.

Merry Christmas. I'm done talking to armchair QB's.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

^^ I didn't st-stu--stutter.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Am I jealous? Absolutely not. I just think it's funny how people like you brag about stuff like that. It's interesting that you played in college, but when you act like this no one gives a damn. In fact, you're just coming off like a douchebag. You're easy to take shots at... and easy to despise.

I was actually posting facts/statistics that you completely ignored every time. It's cool though. I'm right; you're wrong... even though you played college football and I didn't.

By the way, I never sucked at football. I played... it just wasn't my game. No use in putting forth effort into something you didn't love to do. I guarantee you if I put the time and effort into it as I did with baseball, I would have been far better than you at football.

As for you "snorting PCP all day", that's what people who think VY is better than Aaron Rodgers do. That's why I said it.

At the end of the day, Rodgers has thrown 4,000 more yards, 40 more TDs, and 11 fewer INTs than VY (in one less year of starting). Pretty sure that constitutes superiority.

Rodgers' line doesn't suck??? He was sacked 50 times last year (tied for most in the league with Big Ben). Keep ignoring the facts I throw at you. Funny how you say that I'm only throwing "personal attacks without facts" at you. I've been shoving valid facts right in your face since I read all of your foolish posts. You've yet to acknowledge them or realize that you are grossly mistaken.

I'm a spectator just like every damn NFL fan. We're no different, in that sense. Don't forget that. And stop acting like just because you played college football makes you right about everything surrounding the NFL.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Your a baseball guy. Stick to baseball.

I sound like a dbag when all you guys get upset that I use that I actually played the game (had to practice and study the game 6 days a week for 4 years) as a point of credibility...GTFOH. I'm not gonna bow down because you didn't play at the same level I did. I don't talk about things I know little about. If this was baseball I'd keep my mouth shut.

Your just insecure...its ok. If you don't care then quit bringing it up. How many of you little fanboys are there?

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I know almost nothing about MLB and don't watch a single game, but I should stick to baseball?

I know almost everything about the NFL and have been to every single Titans home game, but I should stop?

I enjoyed playing baseball more, but watching football is much more fun and intense.

7. 4realz

4realz Camp Fodder

There is nothing definite about any prediction. I can't sit here and say that Tom Brady will definitely will another Superbowl. VY winning a superbowl is my prediction. I base that only on the simple fact that the guy is a winner at every level of his career. Rodgers has a history of not winning the big games. He was crying to ESPN about not getting to go to the 2004 Rosebowl his senior year at Cal only to get dominated by Texas Tech when Cal was favored to win by 20+ in the Holiday Bowl. The guy has never proven that he can win the game when there is a lot riding on it. I can't speak for his HS career if he led his team to the state title or not because I have never followed what he did back then. But there is an "IT" factor and Rodgers has never had.

Also for anyone that says CJ is why VY is successful is just not informed and doesn't watch the games. First off that 30-17 record VY has is most of it without CJ. Also if used properly by Fisher that would be a benefit for VY. But as you know it's not like that. When you give the ball 1st and 2nd down and only pass on 3rd and long, that actually goes against you. I'm not going to say that always happens. But most here understand what I'm saying because we've seen waaaaaay tooooo many people b#%$^ing about the play calling. Also, it can be said that VY helps out CJ a heck of a lot more than Collins does.

Also to call me a blind homer is laughable. I'm not the one that is letting what Jeff Fisher leaks to the media about VY skew my way of thinking. I'm the one that can identify the approach that Jeff Fisher takes when Collins is in the game vs VY. I'm the one that has the facts on my side when it comes to how good the Titans are when VY vs Collins is in the game. If anything you are the one that doesn't even recognize what we have here and what we are allowing JF do to this team. You are one of those that think the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. You might get your wish about VY leaving and he will be successful somewhere else while your bi^%$ing about our next QB's performance.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I just don't understand the reasoning about wanting to get rid of a winning QB...especially when they're so hard to come by.

Yea some of these college QB's may "sound" like winners but until they set foot in the NFL they haven't proven a thing. Hell, if you want a GREAT college QB than we've got the best one in the past 10 years who put on the BEST performance in the big game possibly ever...but thats not good enough.

It's not good enough to win Rookie of the Year, or to bring us within a game of the playoffs after starting 0-6, or to have the highest PPG, passer rating, and yards per attempt this year.

I mean what more do you want? Vince isn't a veteran yet. He's played the equivalent of 3 seasons. He's still getting better in a league that's just now adjusting to mobile QB's. The guy's done a hell of a job.

Let one sports announcer say something bad about Vince though...or make him seem like he's immature and everybody forgets everything that he's accomplished while he's here. Ridiculous.

But no...Rodgers is clearly better because he's thrown for more yards...yea, that's the only stat he's leading in...that and touchdowns.

Great argument.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

It doesn't matter if you know every player in the league, if you don't understand the details of the game it doesn't matter. I'm not saying you don't, I'm simply saying watching games, and understanding what makes one scheme work while another doesn't is what seperates those who played at a high level and those who didn't (usually...of course there's disparities).

There's coverage schemes, blitz schemes, disguised coverages, line stunts, option routes, zone cutbacks, screen options, blitz pickups, etc all taking place simultaneously that decide the outcome of a play...and the QB is affected by all of them. One poster even went as far as to say football isn't a complex game...SMH.

Knowing what makes a player great (technique, athleticism, football talent, heart, knowledge of the game) is what you should be using to determine which player is better and in which scheme. Is ADP better than MJD? Is Stephen Jackson better than CJ? Or are they all good and have different strengths and weaknesses?

Vince has more athleticism, football talent, heart, and the intangible "it" factor than Rodgers ever will. Rodgers has hit his ceiling. We don't even know where Young's ceiling is...we did see it in college though and he put on the best QB performance EVER in a championship game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar